9-11: Can the Truth Set Us Free?

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle12062.htm

By Mike Kress
2/26/2006

02/25/06 "ICH" -- -- Ever since the attacks of September 11, 2001, there was enough evidence available for me to conclude that the Bush administration knew we would be attacked with airplanes in some way but they purposely did nothing to prevent the attacks in order to justify their political goals.

For example, aside from the multiple warnings the Bush administration received – as confirmed by Richard Clark, Condoleezza Rice, and Donald Rumsfeld – they were also aware that the Pentagon and FEMA had conducted exercises that involved jetliners used as missiles. There is a mountain of evidence that the president and his cabinet, as well as the intelligence community, knew that this scenario was possible.

Not only did they later deny that they could’ve foreseen such a scenario, the Bush administration did everything they could to prevent any investigation into how the attacks of 9/11 succeeded. Once the investigations were reluctantly given the green light, funding restraints, time constraints, and various stall tactics were used to stymie the investigations.

After reading the manifesto of the Project for a New American Century, which said its vision of US global military and economic dominance wouldn’t be readily supported by the public without “a new Pearl Harbor,” I concluded that the neo-conservatives who controlled our government saw the imminent attacks as an opportunity – and let them happen.

As I look around and see what has become of my country and wonder what kind of world my kids will live in, it dawns on me that 9/11 is the excuse for every military operation and diminishment of our Constitutional freedoms during the last four and a half years. It’s the trump card that the Bush administration wields to stop all argument and to stifle all dissent. 9/11 is the psychological sledgehammer that allows them to rule like a monarchy.

With that being the case, shouldn’t we – the American people – know everything there is to know about the events of that day? Shouldn’t we expect our government to release all the available documents and transcripts relevant to 9/11, and then demand to know why the information was kept secret? And if the evidence we see can’t support the official story, shouldn’t we demand an honest explanation that fits the facts?

Moreover, if the official account doesn’t fit the facts, wouldn’t that call into question or invalidate every action and policy that has since been justified with 9/11?

With that in mind, I was able to interview a member of Scholars for 911 Truth, Dr. David Ray Griffin. A retired theologian and professor of philosophy and religion, Dr. Griffin has authored numerous books, including “The New Pearl Harbor” and “The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions.”

In preparation for that interview, I first read his article “The Destruction of the World Trade Center: Why the Official Account Cannot Be True.”

In that article, Dr. Griffin looks at all the available evidence of the collapse of the World Trade Center buildings (WTC1, WTC2, and WTC7) and – much like a detective – goes where the facts lead him. Where the facts lead is that it was impossible for those three buildings to collapse as they did, into their own foundations, without the use of explosives that are commonly used in controlled demolitions.

Dr. Griffin is part of an exponentially growing population of Americans revisiting the events of 9/11 and quickly realizing that the official story is a fraud. The most obvious evidence of that is the miraculous ability of amateur pilots to evade our defenses and bring down three skyscrapers with airplanes that the buildings were designed to absorb without being destroyed.

In turns, I thank and curse Dr. Griffin and the Scholars for 911 Truth for opening my eyes to the lies I’ve believed since 9/11. I’m thankful because now I know the type of people we in the peace and justice movement face; I’m upset because my soothing perception of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and those who steer the globalization process as nitwits has been wiped away.

When the blinders of the 9/11 myth are removed, it’s easy to understand why we are all kept in fear of further terror acts while our borders are left wide open and our government corporatizes every institution that is supposed to defend us, keep us secure, or help when disaster strikes. When the lies of 9/11 are swept away, one understands why the government spies on us and uses military resources against peaceful dissent. When one sees the truth about 9/11, one easily understands the sale of our ports to a UAE corporation for what it is: another move in the elite chess game of globalization.

The 9/11 Truth Movement is gaining momentum. As long as we have the internet and other means to communicate, there’s hope that they eyes of all but the most deluded dupes and hardcore Bush partisans will be opened.

Perhaps then we can start to provide our children the future of sanity and peace they deserve, instead of a life of corporate rule supervised by psychopaths.

Mike Kress is a Persian Gulf veteran who left the Air Force as a conscientious objector. He served as vice-chair of the Spokane Human Rights Commission and is a member of the Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane ( www.pjals.org ). He produces and hosts “Take The Power Back” for KYRS FM ( www.kyrs.org ). Comments welcome at shrcmike@yahoo.com