A long time ago, while I was still actively researching 9/11, and not promoting it, I sent a letter to former member of Parliament, Michael Meacher. The order that he received, and responded to the emails is not "in order".

Mr. Meacher,

In your July 22nd Article titled "The Pakistan Connection", you made the following claim.

"Ahmed, the paymaster for the hijackers, was actually in Washington on 9/11, and had a series of pre-9/11 top-level meetings in the White House, the Pentagon, the national security council, and with George Tenet, then head of the CIA, and Marc Grossman, the under-secretary of state for political affairs. When Ahmed was exposed by the Wall Street Journal as having sent the money to the hijackers, he was forced to "retire" by President Pervez Musharraf."

What are your sources on this story?

Thank You,

Jonathan Gold

And another email I sent...

Also, what is your answer to this article?

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...1-7-2004_pg3_3

Thank You,

Jonathan Gold

His response...

Dear Jonathan Gold,

You emailed me on 31 July. I have at last had chance to follow the link you included and have the following comments on Shaukat Qadir’s article.

1. S Qadir seems rather confused, since several of his paragraphs (4, 5, 6, 7 & 10) precisely confirm what I said, and where he does not (paras 2 – 3), his language is simply dismissive rather than saying why exactly he thinks I might be wrong.

2. (his para 2) Role of General Mahmood and Omar Sheikh is attested both by Pakistan and US sources, and transfer of $100,000 is acknowledged by FBI.

3. (his para 2) I did provide evidence of Sheikh’s innocence, ie. Both FBI and Pearl’s wife have publicly stated they accept Sheikh did not kill Pearl.

4. (his para 3) I never said “the US and Pakistan Governments have colluded to hide facts” or anything like it. I said that CIA and Pakistan ISI have always worked extremely closely together (which he confirms, paras 4 – 5), and that any action by ISI involving US would almost certainly be known to CIA (which is very different to his garbled sta tement, para 8 “that anything known to the ISI is due to the CIA connection” - I said no such thing.)

5. I did not say General Mahmood was “the actual financier of the 9/11 attack” (para 2). I said he asked Omar Sheikh to wire $100,000 to two Florida accounts of Mohammed Atta, but the cost of 9/11 attacks was probably 3 – 4 times greater.

Regards.

Michael Meacher

Rt Hon Michael Meacher MP
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
020 7219 4532

My response to him... this took place on November 3rd, 2004...

Dear Michael,

First and foremost, I would like to say THANK YOU. It is literally UNHEARD of to get an ACTUAL response from politicians where I live. They ALWAYS send a standardized letter.

Secondly... HELP US!!!!

Very Sincerely Yours,

Jonathan Gold

His response...

You are very welcome. You also emailed me on 26 July asking for the sources of my article “The Pakistan Connection”. This was Karachi News 10 September 2001, confirmed by US sources subsequently.

As I write, the news from the US election is extremely depressing – God help us all.

Michael Meacher

Rt Hon Michael Meacher MP
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
020 7219 4532