Logic, data connect U.S. to 9/11

http://dailybeacon.utk.edu/showartic...rticleid=48923

(Gold9472: Thanks to somebigguy.)

Nate Arthur -
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 issue

“I can state: The planning of the attacks was technically and organizationally a master achievement. To hijack four huge airplanes within a few minutes and within one hour, to drive them into their targets, with complicated flight maneuvers! This is unthinkable, without years-long support from secret apparatuses of the state and industry.”

—Former German Minister of Technology, Andreas Von Buelow, Jan. 13, 2002.

I made a mistake in the last column, in using logic rather than numbers and names. My premise is that this government of ours was not only grossly negligent in preventing 9/11, but actively complicit in the horrible event.

As much as I enjoy writing for The Beacon, I don’t mind risking my spot by going on about this dissatisfying and ugly truth and seeming monomaniacal. A few goons wrote me and said, “Why don’t you offer proof, you ungrateful smarty?” They expanded on the virtues of pure, credible journalism and told me to leave this country, which is the greatest model ever conceived. Americans are characterized by their hunger for specifics and accountability, everybody knows that.

In the January 2005 issue of Penthouse, Sibel Edmonds, the former FBI translator of various Turkic languages is interviewed. She alleges that powerful folk in our intelligence and political leadership have covered up massive shadiness regarding individuals connected to terrorist activities being allowed to leave the country months, even a year after 9/11.

She says 9/11 involves deeply corrupt co-workers who have been protected, like translator Melek Can Dickerson, and that the mass murder of 3,000 people and its cover-up involve the flow of drugs, arms and laundered money.

Edmonds was gagged by former Attorney General Ashcroft so she can’t testify, as requested by the 9-11 Families Committee. She is suing but she can’t name names or countries because of the gag. Conventional media has largely ignored Edmonds, as they’ve ignored Ken Williams and Colleen Rowley, the FBI field agents who tried to alert superiors about the “twentieth hijacker” Moussaoui and others and were aggressively ignored. They teamed with other intelligence and security personnel in a published letter criticizing the laughable 9-11 Commission’s findings.

The problem with 9-11 is you can’t have all those terrorism warnings from 11 different countries and flagrant Presidential Daily Briefs titled “Bin Laden Determined to Attack in the U.S. (Possibly using commercial airliners)” and still plead utter surprise and bureaucratic mismanagement. That explanation simply does not hold up, and it blatantly ignores a crucially important aspect of the day which is hardly ever mentioned.

That aspect is that our military was conducting several different live-fly defense and terrorism drills on the very morning those terrorists decided to stage their trickery. Yet Operations Vigilant Guardian and Vigilant Warrior and several others with absurd titles were all publicized beforehand.

The Commission effectively ignores the drills, as they ignore the wild stock-trading that our justice system refuses to look into. Courageous Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney talks about drills and stocks, and so her own Atlanta Journal-Constitution ridiculed her, then refused to print her defense.

You can’t simply state that an F-16 went Mach 1.5 when it went at Cruise speed. It’s unaccountably dumb to send fighters from distant Langley when Andrews Air Force Base is 15 miles from the Pentagon, and a plane is heading toward Washington and the Towers have just been dive-bombed.

The government can’t repeatedly fudge the timeline of two of the most pivotal hours in modern history — not without systematic corruption or laziness among the media and public. Not unless Independent Commissions are made of lawyers and politicians who defended Iran-Contra misdeeds, major drug-dealer/CIA assets named Barry Seal and oil and foreign security interests in the Gulf.

When Senator Mark Dayton publicly inquired of the Commission directors, he was quite vocal about the obvious lying that went on between the impartial jurists and NORAD as they both worked to heap blame on the FAA, which has maintained for years that on that day all phone lines were quickly open to the president and those who were not listening to children read.

Philip Zellikow was the Chief Director of the Commission, and that’s inappropriate. He co-authored the much-ballyhooed “Rebuilding America’s Defenses” policy statement for the crazed neo-conservative think-tank, Project For A New American Century.

The whole Commission skit relied on public ignorance of C-SPAN, and a general disinterest in stuffy matters like who Zellikow is and what he’s written or shilled in the private sector. Among other idiocies they were committed to, the panel embraced the idea that the collapse of WTC Building 7 was unimportant, and that foreknowledge was not demonstrated by the 600-1200% increase in stock market put-options against United and American Airlines, WTC-connected Morgan-Stanley-Dean-Witter and their insurance agencies.

Only a handful of our politicians will broach any of the awful issues of what really happened that day, and they do it fearfully and mincingly. Only two or three foreign politicians will speak directly to 9-11 and lay blame where it truly seems to lie, according to the evidence.

Christian theologian David Ray Griffin has been plainly stating in his books that our very secretive central government is somehow behind 9/11.

What we all tend to forget is that with all the evidence there is to support this conclusion, there’s no burden on us to speculate on why our sick imperialist government would commit such crimes. I am only concerned with the logical and physical proofs, as you should be.

— Nate Arthur can be reached at narthur@utk.edu.