Thread: Anyone Notice How Much Violence Is Taking Place In Iraq?

Anyone Notice How Much Violence Is Taking Place In Iraq?

I've tried to avoid posting stories about suicide bombers, and people dying, and the fact that 270 civilians have been killed in a span of 9 days. It's just too depressing. However the escalation in violence, especially in Baghdad calls for some attention. Obviously things are not going well in Iraq. The chances of things getting better dwindles each day.

With the news of the Bush Administration's "Secret Plan" to invade Iraq 8 months before the actual invasion coming to light, it is time for this country to question the validity of our occupation.

A lot of people have said that invading Iraq was for the benefit of mankind. Removing a tyrant such as Saddam Hussein was paramount.

Well, Saddam Hussein is no longer in power. Our "mission" is complete.

I've said this once, and I'll say it again. Please do what you can to influence your elected officials into bringing our men and women home.

We are in Iraq so the rich can make more money. Is the death and destruction we've caused worth it?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

WhiteGuySaysThis Guest
    I've noticed it. I have AOL and whenever I sign they list all the top stories. Most of them are about Iraq and people dying.

frindevil Guest

I noticed

I noticed it because it was so often in the headline. I'd read one day 23 killed in bombing, 17 injured. I'd think oh hmm I read this yesterday, old news.

No.

Yesterday was 27 killed 9 imjured.

Wait, 2 days in a row..hmm odd, I thought I heard them tell us lately in a press briefing from the whitehouse press room that it was going well?

2 days pass, another dozen killed. And another.

I keep noticing lately that without fail 3+ times a WEEK I read about a bombing, a killing in the double digits, injuries.

It's not going well, but we're told it is. Hmm does this remind you of any other periods in modern american history?

- Frind

Go beyond American History, and go across the ocean to a place called Germany.

The Nazis were told everything was going well until the very end.

Propaganda is one of the most important tools in any "War Machine".

Here's a quote from the letter sent to the Bush Administration in regards to the "Secret Plan" from 88 Congressmen and Women.

"5) Was there a coordinated effort with the U.S. intelligence community and/or British officials to "fix" the intelligence and facts around the policy as the leaked document states?"

Why ask a question like that unless you're aware that those kinds of things take place?

That's like saying...

"Did you use the U.S. Intelligence Community to manipulate the news without our consent?"

Either way... it's good that something is finally being done (hopefully).