Honoring 9-11 hero

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...ring_9_11_hero

SHAY HARRIS
Published : Friday, 10 Jul 2009, 12:37 AM EDT

PORT ORANGE, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Anthony Incarbone was known around Port Orange for his ability to stretch a person’s body beyond their imagination. He turned a group of health conscious people into spiritually-mindful yoga students.

“That was just the type of person he was,” said friend Karen Leone. “Very giving and just committed.”

Leone credits Incarbone with helping her turn her life around after battling anxiety. Six months ago, Incarbone died from cancer. Leone and friends believe the retired fireman died from exposure to toxic dust after joining fellow firefighters in New York at the Twin Towers, immediately after the September 11th attacks.

“He lost fellow firefighters, and I think he felt it was just something he had to do. I think even if he knew what was going to happen to him, he would do it again,” she said.

He spent three months helping others at “ground zero” and eight years later, he died from lung cancer. He left behind a wife and four children.

“With his death, his pension also died, so they're not getting any financial support that they were getting before from his retirement. That's left them in a bit of a bind,” Leone added, which is why she and others are raising money in his honor.

“They can make donations for our silent raffles, or they can take the class. We're going to do a three set yoga class like a yoga marathon,” said Leone. “To me, and I think to everyone who knew him, he died because of a terrorist attack on this country, which makes him a hero.”

The event will be held September 18 -- what would have been Anthony Incarbone’s birthday --at Bikram yoga studio in New Smyrna beach at 4 p.m.