He's using the Spears incident to talk about 9/11 Truth. I'm guessing that's because, at least in part, the Spears incident happened just before the 9/11 anniversary and was full of spectacular confusions (people looked at it and thought, "WTF?").

I think Jeff is right about Ron Paul and Alex Jones and other elements of New Truth.

"Paul's radical Libertarianism would make him a privateer's wet-dream president: Grover Norquist's ideal henchman, holding the federal government beneath the bathwater while it drowned."

It's the part of Paul's support I just don't get. The trouble with America, if I may simplify incredibly, is the plutocratic rulers, and Paul's libertarianism would simply give those plutocrats MORE control of EVERYTHING. I appreciate Paul's anti-imperialism, but his pro-market politics would only make things worse.

Jeff's stuff about the "amplified voices of New Truth" is also bang on. But I guess most people feel at times like these it's difficult to be choosy over champions against the bad guys.