Thread: Teacher reinstated after doing nothing wrong....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jetsetlemming Guest
    Influence, does not mean militarily influence. America already influences cultures all over the world. We're the cutting edge :P. Anyway, this topic is going off nowhere. It's about how this teacher was teaching his students his personal beliefs and politics instead of the course at hand. He was indoctrinating them. I have seen teachers do this first hand, and in most cases about half the students like what they hear because it re-enforces what they've heard before, about half don't like it but don't say anything because the teacher controlls their grades, and the resy don't care enough to pay attention, and keep hearing this crap over and over and over until it becomes a default statement to them when thinking about politics.

Good Doctor HST Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    It's about how this teacher was teaching his students his personal beliefs and politics instead of the course at hand. He was indoctrinating them.
    What I'd like to know is: what was the course at hand? How did the topic of conversation steer towards the disputed discussion? Did a student ask a question related to the actions of the president? Did the teacher knowingly go off on a rant to shed light on how the U.S. operates under the guise of "democracy" and "peace"? I just wonder how it built up.

"He was indoctrinating them." Are you kidding? He wasn't exercising hypnopaedia (sleep teaching) or drilling anti-American slogans into the students' heads. He spoke for about 3-4 minutes on a view of a topic the students would never hear or read in popular press.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Doctor HST
    "He was indoctrinating them." Are you kidding? He wasn't exercising hypnopaedia (sleep teaching)
    Wow, it's been a long time since you've been in school. :P Students for the most part don't really pay much attention, and just accept anything the teacher says because they can't be bothered to think about school. Thinking about girls and when class is over and how not to get grounded is more important, so the lesson is just dropped right inot the brain without mulling it over. I've heard some people on tv defending this teacher by saying the kid that taped him "led him on", though these are typically the same people that question that he only taped the teacher's lecture and not the kids doing assigned work and chatting while the teacher graded papers at his desk.

Good Doctor HST Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    Thinking about girls and when class is over and how not to get grounded is more important, so the lesson is just dropped right inot the brain without mulling it over.
    If it's true that information gets dropped into your brain when you're not paying attention in school, then I should have been valedictorian!