Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have Challenged The Owner Of 911myths.com To An Online Debate

Jonathan,

the purpose of me challenging you to a debate was not to educate myself

I didn't think it was, for a moment. Apologies if you took it that I meant otherwise.

The purpose of me challenging you to a debate was because I often see your site referenced when people try to silence people within the 9/11 Truth Movement, and quite honestly, I wanted to take that option away from them.

Then the arguments I put forward will have to be confronted, one by one, and either accepted or overturned. Too big a job for a "show" debate, which must inevitably reduce complex arguments to brief summaries.

If you feel strongly enough about your opinion, and think you have enough facts to dispute the claims of the 911 Truth Movement, then essentially, you should welcome a debate.

Why? As I said, what I believe is out there, in the open, in full, on the site. What is to be gained by investing time and effort in producing a shorter, less complete version for you? If you and your forum members don't think anything I said has validity now, how is a debate going to convince you?

The thing is, I'm not evangelical about this, I'm just saying what I believe. I'm not out to convince people, one by one. I don't promote the site. I don't plug it on forums, I didn't add the Wikipedia references. All I've done is produce a collection of points and discoveries, everything else has been done by word of mouth. I'm not out to become some kind of conspiracy-busting Internet personality, make a "name" for myself, produce a DVD: there's too much of that exploitation already. If readers think I have a point, that's great; if they think I'm talking rubbish, well, they're entitled to their opinion. Either way, it's the contents of the site as a whole that speak for me: I don't see producing a condensed version for a hostile audience as serving any purpose at all.

Regards,

Mike Williams
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Michael,

I am not looking for a condensed version of your information. I'm looking for an online debate. You can either accept or decline, but be forewarned, declining my invitation doesn't look good for you.

Again, my offer is still open to you.

Jon

I am not looking for a condensed version of your information. I'm looking for an online debate.

I see it as the same thing. The data is there, open to everyone already: if it's not condensed (ie I can just copy and paste pages from the site), then people may as well go to the site in the first place.

be forewarned, declining my invitation doesn't look good for you.

If you mean people will go around saying that I'm "running scared" or "too frightened" to debate you, then that tactic hasn't worked on me since I was about 8. What matters are the arguments, and the evidence, nothing else. Plus, please note that I've said I'm quite happy to discuss any issues you want, via email, in the same way I do for anyone else. And if you want to publish those responses, then you can. Seems quite fair to me... If you're not interested in doing that, then you're only confirming I've made the right decision.

Mike Williams

Michael,

I'm going to take this response as a "no". I'm sorry to hear that. Most people who have taken the time to research something have a very clear understanding as to what that information is about. In other words, they don't have the need to "copy & paste" material, but can actually have a discussion about it. A debate. I am disappointed that you have declined, but if ever you change your mind, my offer still stands.

Jon Gold

somebigguy Guest
    Well, presidential candidates can see the benefit of a public debate, but apparently this guy doesn't think its worthwhile.

Hey Jon, just challenge him fact by fact, one at a time. Play by his rules, if he chooses not to participate at that point, then you can call him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    Well, presidential candidates can see the benefit of a public debate, but apparently this guy doesn't think its worthwhile.

Hey Jon, just challenge him fact by fact, one at a time. Play by his rules, if he chooses not to participate at that point, then you can call him on it.
    No. I challenged him, and he declined. To me, that speaks VOLUMES.

In all honesty, there is no debate. I would completely destroy him if he accepted. Here's a clue... go look on his site for everything he DOESN'T talk about, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

jetsetlemming Guest
    That's funny, Gold, I've held my own debating you and I've never even heard of this guy or his site.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    That's funny, Gold, I've held my own debating you and I've never even heard of this guy or his site.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Did you say that out loud?

We're talking about 9/11, not Christian Themed Theme Parks.