Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
Goatfish, I'm jewish. A family member of mine was in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. He was branded on his arm. The Holocaust took place. If you want to question what happened during the Holocaust, be my guest. If you want to question whether or not it actually happened, then you have crossed the line into insanity.
Well, half at least. My father's Jewish, my mother converted, my brother converted, and my in-laws are all Jewish. Of course this should have nothing to do with whether I can question the Holocaust or not.
If you'll check out my original post, I never said the Holocaust didn't take place. My grandfather changed his last name in an effort to conceal the fact that he was Jewish. I am not questioning whether it happened, I'm just questioning its scope and if we've been given the whole truth about it.
If we have been misled as to what truly happened and the truth were somehow exposed, Israel and Jewish people in general would stand to lose an awful lot. Israel collects a lot of money each year over the Holocaust, and Israel (and Jews in general) derive a lot of sympathy because of it.
Israel has underhandedly abused this sympathy in order to help garner support for its various war crimes against the Palestinians.
Michael Rivero, who runs the whatreallyhappened.com website, brings up a good point about those who seek to avoid the truth: the truth needs no laws to support it. Throughout history, it's only been liars and those looking to conceal the truth who have used the courts and legislatures in order to force an adherence to dogma. No one needs to make a law forcing people to believe that the world is round. That's because anyone can do their own fact checking and find out what's really true.
The fact that Israel wishes to jail anyone who even merely brings up possible points of contention means that someone, or a group of somebodies, is full of shit. If David Irving really were putting forth total propaganda which was in no way true, then naturally the facts would refute him. But there is a real push to not even allow the debate to go that far. WHY??? He's basically being jailed for claiming the world is flat.
I understand that the Holocaust is something touchy for most people. However, it should not be avoided on that account alone. Many more people were killed in the war itself than perished in the Holocaust. And yet we discuss their deaths and how they occurred all the time. Why isn't this same level of discussion also applied to the Holocaust?
I'm just saying that we don't know exactly what happened, and the fact that even venturing in that direction is supposed to make one automatically criminal, makes me very suspicious..