Thread: Iran Leader: Israel Will Be Annihilated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Goatfish, you may be on to something. I've seen pictures on Time Magazine about the Iranian Revolotianary Gaurds and man, they look like real hardcore jihadists- they're deeply religious and highly motivated people. So if they go to war with the U.S. and Israel, and they all die fighting and take out as many Americans and Jews as they can, then it's all good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Goatfish, you may be on to something. I've seen pictures on Time Magazine about the Iranian Revolotianary Gaurds and man, they look like real hardcore jihadists- deeply regligious people. So if they go to war with us and Israel, and they all die fighting and take out as many Americans and Jews as they can, then it's all good for them.
    He's definitely right about the hypocrisy.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Goatfish Guest

I don't think an Iranian response will be conventional

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Goatfish, you may be on to something. I've seen pictures on Time Magazine about the Iranian Revolotianary Gaurds and man, they look like real hardcore jihadists- they're deeply religious and highly motivated people. So if they go to war with the U.S. and Israel, and they all die fighting and take out as many Americans and Jews as they can, then it's all good for them.
    I think Iran wants the US and Israel to think it will strike back in a conventional manner, meaning with air strikes and rocket attacks.
    I think they will launch unprecedented terrorist attacks in many major cities in the US and Israel. Iran is supposedly one of the biggest sponsors of terrorism in the world. Imagine them sending thousands of suicide bombers and other various martyrs to blow up stuff in dozens of cities simultaneously. They would wage this campaign until America's collective will breaks.
    If the US or Israel uses nukes either pre-emptively or after an Iranian response, the image of these countries in the eyes of arabs all over the world would be destroyed forever. I think many arabic countries are sick of the US, and an action like that would compel them to become foes of the US forever. Imagine Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, etc. all collectively going against the US. Sure they don't have formidable armies, but they can employ assymetrical warfare (terrorism). They can all decide to no longer supply the US with oil. In the past they could not get away with this, but with so many new huge customers (China, India, Russia) emerging on the scene, they now can sell their oil elsewhere and not have to suffer a loss. And Russia and China are not going to sit by as the US attempts to bomb every oil rich nation in some sorry attempt to force them to keep supplying oil.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish
    I think Iran wants the US and Israel to think it will strike back in a conventional manner, meaning with air strikes and rocket attacks.
    I think they will launch unprecedented terrorist attacks in many major cities in the US and Israel. Iran is supposedly one of the biggest sponsors of terrorism in the world. Imagine them sending thousands of suicide bombers and other various martyrs to blow up stuff in dozens of cities simultaneously. They would wage this campaign until America's collective will breaks.
    If the US or Israel uses nukes either pre-emptively or after an Iranian response, the image of these countries in the eyes of arabs all over the world would be destroyed forever. I think many arabic countries are sick of the US, and an action like that would compel them to become foes of the US forever. Imagine Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, etc. all collectively going against the US. Sure they don't have formidable armies, but they can employ assymetrical warfare (terrorism). They can all decide to no longer supply the US with oil. In the past they could not get away with this, but with so many new huge customers (China, India, Russia) emerging on the scene, they now can sell their oil elsewhere and not have to suffer a loss. And Russia and China are not going to sit by as the US attempts to bomb every oil rich nation in some sorry attempt to force them to keep supplying oil.
    Supposedly the Iranian backed Hezbollah has cells all across the world and in the U.S. So what your saying is more than likely. As far as all arab nations attack us goes, not gonna happen. But I do think that's it's very possible that Syria and Lebanon (Hezbollah) will join the war since they've formed a pack- especially since Iran virtually created Hezbollah.

Another thing that makes this war so dangerous is that the Iranians know what to do, and what not to do by simply watching the news and seeing America's week points. They know that if there soldiers melt away into the population and wait rather then engage U.S. troops in the field, America would be screwed.