Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Tapes from 9/11

somebigguy Guest

5 Tapes from 9/11

My buddy just dropped off 5 VHS tapes from the CNN broadcast on 9/11. I popped the first tape in and they're already interviewing William Rodriguez who was working in Tower 1 and heard explosions going off. I'm gonna take some notes and post them here.

I've been looking for live broadcasts for a long time and finally got them. Thanks to my buddy, although he's a putz.

Good Doctor HST Guest

Excellent

Yes!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you on what was said during the events..... you know, before instructions on what to say were given!

somebigguy Guest
    It looks like tape I'm watching was from the afternoon, so everything has already occurred and they're recapping endlessly. It's hard to tell what time it actually is, but they have mentioned "this afternoon" a couple of times so it's not as early as I would like.

Anyway, they have done some interesting interviews, here's one from William Rodriguez who was a maintenance worker at the WTC. He had a bit of an accent so he was a little hard to decipher:

"I Work in building 1, the one that got hit the first time. I was in the basement, which is a --unclear-- for the maintenance company. We hear like a big rumble, not like an impact, like a rumble, like something uh like --unclear--, all of a sudden, we hear another rumble and a guy comes running, running into our office and all his skin was off his body. All his skin, we went crazy, we started screaming, we told him to get out. We took everyone out of the office outside to the loading dock area. And then I went back in, and when I went back in. And when I went back in, I saw people, I heard people that were stuck on an elevator, a freight elevator, because all the elevators went down. And water was going in and they were probably getting drowned. And we get a couple of pipes and open the elevator and we got the people out. I went back up and I saw one of the officers from the Port Authority Police, I've been working there for twenty years, so I knew him very well. My routine on the World Trade Center is in charge of the stair case, and there was no elevator service, I have the master key for all the stair cases. So I went up with the police officers and a group of firemen. As we went up, there was a lot of people coming down, and while we got- it was very difficult to get up.

We heard, when we were on the 33rd, I'm sorry, the 23rd floor because we stopped there with the fire department because the equipment was very heavy and they were breathing very hard, they took a break, cause they couldn't continue going up, so they wanted to take a break. And we have a person in a wheel chair that we were gonna bring down on a gurney and a lady who was having trouble with a heart attack. And um, some of the guys that were breathing hard and we went a couple of floors up while they were putting the person on the gurney, got up to the 39th floor and we heard on the radio that the 63rd floor collapsed."

somebigguy Guest

Jamie McIntyre/CNN Military Affairs Correspondent:

This is the same guy that we have a video of in the Pentagon thread. Turns out he actually has an office at the Pentagon, and he was allowed back on the premises afterwards to find the painted piece of metal.

"A while ago, I walked right up to next to the building where the firefighters were still trying to put out the blaze, the fire by the way is still burning in some parts of the Pentagon and I took a look at the huge gaping hole that's in the side of the Pentagon in an area of the Pentagon that has been recently renovated part of a multi-billion dollar renovation program here at the Pentagon. I can see parts of the airplane that crashed into the building, very small pieces of the plane on the heliport the outside of the building. The biggest piece I saw was about three feet long, it was silver and had been painted green and red but I could not see any identifying markings on the plane, I also saw a large piece of shattered glass, it appeared to be cockpit window from the plane."

somebigguy Guest

Nic Robertson/CNN Correspondent in Kabul:

"We are hearing from Mola Omar (SP???) in the spiritual capital of Afghanistan. Mola Omar is the spiritual leader of the Taliban here, and has recently issued a short statement. In that statement he criticizes what he called the act of terrorism and he was very explicit, he said that Osama Bin Laden was not responsible for it, he says that all he wanted for his country was peace and peace for other countries in the world. He went on to say that he believed Osama Bin Laden could not have been responsible for such a complex act of terrorism, and he also said that Afghanistan was a poor country and there was no way Afghanistan could have been involved in such a complicated act of terrorism."

somebigguy Guest

Reporter to Giuliani at about 2:40 PM:

The spin begins:

Reporter: Do you know anything about the cause of the explosions that brought the two buildings down yet, were they caused by the planes or something else?

Giuliani: We believe that it was caused by the after affects of the planes hitting the buildings, we don't of additional explosives (looks behind at an advisor(???) who nods no)

danceyogamom Guest
    oh my ... this is so captivating to read, in a very grewsome way. The maintainence worker's account is so graphic ... and so very heroic. He did that all without even thinking about it.

There had to be people in the city with camcorders at the time of the attacks. Some of those must have survived. I wonder if any private citizens are holding onto something.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    oh my ... this is so captivating to read, in a very grewsome way. The maintainence worker's account is so graphic ... and so very heroic. He did that all without even thinking about it.

There had to be people in the city with camcorders at the time of the attacks. Some of those must have survived. I wonder if any private citizens are holding onto something.
    It's amazing watching this, and you're right, that Rodriguez guy was heroic. His statements may be key, I've been talking to a fellow named Christopher on another board about Rodriguez, and then his interview is the first thing on these tapes.

Christopher pops in on these boards every now and then, calls people names, and then leaves. He's a good guy, just slightly insane. Even moreso than Gold.

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    It's amazing watching this, and you're right, that Rodriguez guy was heroic. His statements may be key, I've been talking to a fellow named Christopher on another board about Rodriguez, and then his interview is the first thing on these tapes.

Christopher pops in on these boards every now and then, calls people names, and then leaves. He's a good guy, just slightly insane. Even moreso than Gold.
    has Christopher posted anything here? I've missed it if he has ...

more insane than Gold? goodness ... *lol*

I am consistently amazed at how people manage to interview and track down so much information. It is a real testament to how much one person can do to make change.

Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy

Hey, I'm only moderately insane.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG