Thread: The Moussaoui Verdict Is In... (He's Elligable For Death - on to Phase 2)

The Moussaoui Verdict Is In... (He's Elligable For Death - on to Phase 2)

Moussaoui Is Eligible For The Death Penalty

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Mo...t_in_0403.html

Published: Monday April 3, 2006

Jurors have handed in a verdict determining whether or not 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui is eligible for the death penalty. The verdict is due to be read at 4 pm EST.

Though Moussaoui was incracerated at the time of the attacks, prosecutors had argued that by not telling investigators what he knew, he had allowed the September 11, 2001 attacks to proceed. Moussaoui himself repeatedly aided prosecutors by bragging about his role in the attacks, in spite of the testimony of al Qaeda witnesses who claimed he was an incompetent small-time player.

The defense, in turn, argued that had Moussaoui actually told investigators what he knew, inept handling of the matter would have allowed the attacks to continue.

If the jury was rules that he is eligible, it will next consider whether or not to actually put Moussaoui to death. If it does not, he receives a sentence of life in prison.

Prosecutors have indicated that if the verdict is not unanimous, and he is found not eligible, they may request a mistrial.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Partridge Guest
    Actually, I've just been watching this on BBC 24, and its not the actual verdict of 'Death' or 'Life' - but the verdict on whether he is even elliigable for Death.

If it is found that he is elligable (which I can't see not happening), the sentence will then be passed sometime later this week.

At least that's my understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Partridge
    Actually, I've just been watching this on BBC 24, and its not the actual verdict of 'Death' or 'Life' - but the verdict on whether he is even elliigable for Death.

If it is found that he is elligable (which I can't see not happening), the sentence will then be passed sometime later this week.

At least that's my understanding of it.
    Actually, it appears you are correct. Surprised I haven't heard of this before.

All I do know is that if he gets the death penalty, then so should everyone else who actually perpetrated the attacks.

And incidentally, you KNOW the judge is going to sentence him to death. He should have called a mistrial when that lawyer fed the witnesses information.

Partridge Guest
    Well, he's elligable.

Partridge Guest
    Can we have the Pentagon videos now?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    My Prediction: Life Inprisonment