Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Class Is Now In Session

Simply_sexy Guest
    Can we create a class that I can teach? Sex 101 or something awesome like that?? I mean, what other topic goes hand-in-hand with politics????

joebordenrebel Guest
    So I have a question. I am an American who is willing to believe that our government is capable of hijacking and killing real citizens. I believe 9/11 ought to be investigated by a real independent commission. However, my pleas are mostly falling on deaf ears.

What is it about this subject that makes it sooooooooo taboo for a majority of Americans (Dims and Cons)?

jschurchin Guest
    Jon, Sorry I missed your class, I was working. If you can post when the next one is I will try to be here. Sorry man.

John

jschurchin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joebordenrebel
    So I have a question. I am an American who is willing to believe that our government is capable of hijacking and killing real citizens. I believe 9/11 ought to be investigated by a real independent commission. However, my pleas are mostly falling on deaf ears.

What is it about this subject that makes it sooooooooo taboo for a majority of Americans (Dims and Cons)?
    Most Americans will not believe it because it destroy's their belief in government.

Uncle Sam will take care of you, if you take care of it. Joe American living in suburbia with the wife and 3 kids cannot for a second believe his government would attack him. It destroys his American dream.

This is why it is an uphill battle.

Partridge Guest
    Maybe you should do a podcast focusing on each topic, Jon, then people can ask questions on it here... or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Partridge
    Maybe you should do a podcast focusing on each topic, Jon, then people can ask questions on it here... or something.
    I'm afraid my sexy voice will be a distraction.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

joebordenrebel Guest

Well, I understand that. . .

Quote Originally Posted by jschurchin
    Most Americans will not believe it because it destroy's their belief in government.

Uncle Sam will take care of you, if you take care of it. Joe American living in suburbia with the wife and 3 kids cannot for a second believe his government would attack him. It destroys his American dream.

This is why it is an uphill battle.
    With all due respect, whether they believe it or not is beside the point. They refuse to talk about it one way or the other. I'd love to have a conversation about it with someone who buys the whole story hook, line and sinker, but all I get is:

"Get over it."

"What are you, some kinda conspiracy-theory-wack-job-wingnut?"

"Kerry sucks too!"

"Why do you hate America?"

etc.

You can see how debating the issue is well nigh impossible when

Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    "President Lyndon Johnson cited the August 4 episode to persuade Congress in 1964 to authorise military action in Vietnam, despite doubts about the attack that arose almost immediately."

Sound familiar?
    Sound even more familiar?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    How are you able to find old links so easily?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_sexy
    Can we create a class that I can teach? Sex 101 or something awesome like that?? I mean, what other topic goes hand-in-hand with politics????
    Sex 101 in the XXX Topic area would be nice!