Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Excellent Lecture By Dr. Michael Parenti - Video Inside

jschurchin Guest
    My blood pressure just went up about 50 points. Every American needs to see this lecture and then ask themselves, Did we forget the lessons of our forefathers? Are we going to let the elite do it to us again? God, I hope not. United We Stand.

I'm glad you liked it.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Dave Mann Guest
    Gold - I'm very familiar with Parenti's work over the years - but what does he say about 9-11 - anyone who missed that call has lost ALL credibility. Maybe you could save me the time listening to the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mann
    Gold - I'm very familiar with Parenti's work over the years - but what does he say about 9-11 - anyone who missed that call has lost ALL credibility. Maybe you could save me the time listening to the whole thing.
    I have corresponded with him, and he says, "Yes, it could well have been an inside job. Most certainly Bush et al knew that an attack was pending (they say so) and they looked the other way (tho they deny looking the other way of course)."

Dave Mann Guest
    Thanks - that's about what I figured - zilch and squat re 9-11. Thanks for posting the links though, I'll definitely check it out some time.

Michael Parenti contributes regardless of whether or not he speaks of 9/11. It's not like he's lying about what he says. Which is incriminating in and of itself.

Dave Mann Guest
    Yes, his work in exposing the nature of US interventions, the media, etc has always been very good. But the problem with Parenti, Chomsky, Zinn and just about every left intellectual is they refuse to see what's in front of their noses with this FAKE TERRORISM ploy. Not just 9-11 - they didn't see anthing funny about the WTC attack in 93 - organized by the FBI - they didn't question the Oklahoma city events - nothing to say about Spain and London bombings. So, I think its fair to say that they are vouching for the official line and misdirecting people from understanding the true depths of the problem and from reaching the necessary (revolutionary!) conclusions.

Also, they have no program for a real solution, so their endless whining about the raveges and horrors of US imperialism is inefectual. Millions of people know about the crimes of the Chilean Coup, Central America, on and on. I did a Masters thesis on the US engeneered Coup in Indonesia that resulted in perhaps one million murders. That TOO was arranged with a FAKE TERROR (Reichstag fire) event.

The only person of that intellectual stature that seems to have any clue about the central stategy of US imperialism in this period is Ralph Shoenman. I can't think of a single other left intellectual, or left party that has risen anywhere near to meeting the challenges we face today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mann
    Yes, his work in exposing the nature of US interventions, the media, etc has always been very good. But the problem with Parenti, Chomsky, Zinn and just about every left intellectual is they refuse to see what's in front of their noses with this FAKE TERRORISM ploy. Not just 9-11 - they didn't see anthing funny about the WTC attack in 93 - organized by the FBI - they didn't question the Oklahoma city events - nothing to say about Spain and London bombings. So, I think its fair to say that they are vouching for the official line and misdirecting people from understanding the true depths of the problem and from reaching the necessary (revolutionary!) conclusions.

Also, they have no program for a real solution, so their endless whining about the raveges and horrors of US imperialism is inefectual. Millions of people know about the crimes of the Chilean Coup, Central America, on and on. I did a Masters thesis on the US engeneered Coup in Indonesia that resulted in perhaps one million murders. That TOO was arranged with a FAKE TERROR (Reichstag fire) event.

The only person of that intellectual stature that seems to have any clue about the central stategy of US imperialism in this period is Ralph Shoenman. I can't think of a single other left intellectual, or left party that has risen anywhere near to meeting the challenges we face today.
    The Green Party has somewhat. The Icelandic Green Party I believe... and David Cobb somewhat. Cynthia McKinney certainly has tried. Maybe not to the level that she could have, but certainly a lot more than other people that are supposedly "left".

I generally show the Michael Parenti videos to people when I first approach them on 9/11. I think it's a good beginning.

Actually, now that you mention it... there's a Canadian party that's promoting 9/11 Truth... and now we have Carol Brouillet running for Congress...

bump