Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teacher reinstated after doing nothing wrong....

jetsetlemming Guest
    I say fuck this teacher. He should have been fired. I remember in high school and even i middle school, teachers making comments like this. Do you know how many teenagers and young adults are liberal? In most other groups, it's pretty much split 50/50. Not in my generation. I'd guess it at somewhere around %85. Teachers are brainwashing students, political advertisements are focused at teens on local channels... Theres a reason liberal protest when education reform is mentioned besides "pump more money into it, money fixes everything". This teacher and plenty more like him are brainwashing kids. They need to be stopped.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Personally I love teachers talking about politics in class- as do the other students. It makes the subject more intersting and relevant to our lives you feel me.

And about what you were saying, the vast majority of students and teachers who are at top schools such as U.C. Berkly are liberals, like you said. So what does this tell you about liberals and conservatives???

jetsetlemming Guest
    That liberals have more influence in public education. http://www.nea.org/index.html On their home page, there's a tab on the right that says "Take action". Does it say anything about instituting teaching regulations? Standards and practices? No. It says "Tell your congressman to increase public school funding". Public school is all one big fucking scam to steal public money and brainwash the masses.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Personally I love teachers talking about politics in class- as do the other students. It makes the subject more intersting and relevant to our lives you feel me.
    Sure, its good to have a discussion on current events. This techer was ranting on public events with a speech drastically slanted to his politics aimed at converting other to his point of view. Teachers aren't supposed to be teaching their views, they are supposed to be teaching facts. Public eduaction is for establishing a minimum amount of knowledge in the public at large. It's been stolen and used for indoctrination.

Partridge Guest
    they are supposed to be teaching facts
    Would you care to point out any substanial errors of fact in his rant - other than the Israel one I already pointed out?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    That liberals have more influence in public education. http://www.nea.org/index.html On their home page, there's a tab on the right that says "Take action". Does it say anything about instituting teaching regulations? Standards and practices? No. It says "Tell your congressman to increase public school funding". Public school is all one big fucking scam to steal public money and brainwash the masses.
    No, it tells you that liberals are smarter than conservatives since they dominate all the best schools in the country- and the world!

jetsetlemming Guest
    You don't need to be smart to be a teacher. Intelligence has nothing to do with political veiw anyway. Your politics are decided by your view of the world, not how smart you are. Of course, srupid people are easy to brainwash, such as teenagers already bored out of their minds in high school.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Partridge
    Would you care to point out any substanial errors of fact in his rant - other than the Israel one I already pointed out?
    Teachers should at least try to check their facts, but that's not what I'm talking about. He was giving his biased opinion on the president as a fact.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    You don't need to be smart to be a teacher. Intelligence has nothing to do with political veiw anyway. Your politics are decided by your view of the world, not how smart you are. Of course, srupid people are easy to brainwash, such as teenagers already bored out of their minds in high school.
    C'mon now, it's gotta mean something most of the people who teach and attend the best schools in the country are liberals, and that the red states have on average a higher IQ that blue states.

And yeah, all those idiotic college students in the 70's were brainwashed into thinking the Vietnam war was wrong. What a bunch of sheep they all were.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Kids dohn't get into those colleges on grades alone. They are interviewed by the staff, and fill out opinion tests. Also, there are plenty of students who don't have the highest grades, but get in based on sports or affirmative action.