Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mussolini's Granddaughter: "Better To Be A Fascist Than A Faggot"

Mussolini's Granddaughter: "Better To Be A Fascist Than A Faggot"

Better fascist that gay - Mussolini's granddaughter

http://pageoneq.com/rssfeedstuff/index.php?id=6405

Thu Mar 9, 2006 8:05 PM GMT

ROME (Reuters) - The granddaughter of Italy's wartime dictator Benito Mussolini has defended being a fascist by saying it was better than being a "faggot".

Alessandra Mussolini's televised derogatory remarks came less than a month after Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi welcomed her far-right political party into his coalition before a general election in April.

Mussolini, proud of her ancestral ties to "Il Duce", had been criticised by a drag queen-turned-politician about being a fascist on Italian TV talk show Porta a Porta.

"I'm proud of it," she snapped in comments due to be aired later on Thursday.

Vladimir Luxuria, who hopes to be Europe's first "transgender" MP and is running with the Communist Refoundation party, then asked if Mussolini wanted to lock up homosexuals.

"Better to be a fascist than a faggot," Mussolini said, using the highly offensive Italian word "frocio", according to Porta a Porta's press office.

It was not the first time one of Berlusconi's allies publicly insulted homosexuals. Mirko Tremaglia, an outspoken right-wing minister for Italians living abroad, said in 2004 that Europe was ruled by "culattoni".

The word derives from the Italian colloquial for bottom (culo) and refers to sodomists.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Partridge Guest
    Oh (kind of) irony!

You know the old Italian fascist symbol, the bundle of sticks and the hatchet? This one:

That bundle of sticks is called... drum roll... a FAGGOT!

Interesting...
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Partridge Guest
    And oh yeah, I saw a short clip about Vladimir Luxuria the other night. S/he'd get my vote fo' sho!

A transgendered communist! You can't ask for more than that, unless s/he was also black and half muslim/half jewish.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Partridge
    And oh yeah, I saw a short clip about Vladimir Luxuria the other night. S/he'd get my vote fo' sho!

A transgendered communist! You can't ask for more than that, unless s/he was also black and half muslim/half jewish.
    You sure stick to the issues, huh. "As long as they're of a certain race and lifestyle!"

Partridge Guest
    The operative word in the whole thing was 'communist' - I always vote far left (though there is some considerable debate as to exactly how leftwing the PCR is at the leadership level, but on an activist level I know some good comrades from the PCR, including my uncle. And there's no way I'd vote for the current Italian Social Democracy, and would feel a bit betrayed if the PCR leadership unilaterally decided to go into coalition to prop up a rightwing Social Democratic government such as Prodi's would inevitably be).

If s/he was a transgendered black jewish-muslim libertarian, there's no way s/he'd get my vote.

jetsetlemming Guest
    So... You like Bush's statism? O.o;;;

Partridge Guest
    That doesn't even make sense.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Communism+statism. Bush is a rampant statist. So you like Bush's statist moves, such as the domestic spying?

EminemsRevenge Guest
    Wow...they get Michael Savage's show in Italy