Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction?

frindevil Guest

Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction?

Not sure if this is true, but minorly interesting. Not major news, just interesting =)

- Frind

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/storymain.jsp?number=1

An alleged ex-Marine who claims to have participated in the capturing of Saddam Hussein says the public version of his capture was fabricated, United Press International is reporting.

Former Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh was quoted in a Saudi newspaper as saying the ousted Iraqi president was actually captured Friday, Dec. 12, 2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S. Army, according to UPI.

"I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," the UPI report quoted Abou Rabeh as saying.

The Pentagon is flatly denying the report. "It's not true, period," Pentagon spokeswoman Cheryl Irwin told WorldNetDaily.com

UPI said it published a summary of the al-Medina newspaper report without seeking Pentagon comment.

Abou Rabeh, who is of Lebanese descent, according to UPI, said Hussein was captured after fierce resistance. He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a room on the second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have to surrender. ... There is no point in resisting."

"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," UPI quoted Abou Rabeh as saying.

I want to know why it's taking so long for him to be prosecuted by a jury of his peers....
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

somebigguy Guest
    Actually, I think the Kurds caught Saddam and turned him over for a sizable ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    Actually, I think the Kurds caught Saddam and turned him over for a sizable ransom.
    why?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Nowhereman Guest
    The 4th ID caught him... end of story. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the details are off, but lets give our boys the credit they deserve.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    why?
    I don't know, that's just what I read. Do a search for Saddam and Kurds and you'll find some info.

somebigguy Guest

princesskittypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    I want to know why it's taking so long for him to be prosecuted by a jury of his peers....
    who would his peers be? other world leaders?

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by princesskittypoo
    who would his peers be? other world leaders?
    Well, since he's a murderous dictator, Bush would be a good choice.

Nowhereman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    I don't know, that's just what I read. Do a search for Saddam and Kurds and you'll find some info.

I googled space aliens and Jews and I came up with this link. So it must be true. http://skepticult.org/hotlipz/spaliens.html