Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservative Ann Coulter Describes Muslims As Ragheads; Senate Leader Ducks Comment

Conservative Ann Coulter Describes Muslims As Ragheads; Senate Leader Ducks Comment

Conservative Ann Coulter describes Muslims as ragheads; Senate leader ducks comment

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Ann_Co...eads_0210.html

Max Blumenthal
    Published: February 10, 2006

Special to Raw Story. Max Blumenthal writes for The Nation and The Huffington Post.

On Friday, February 10, the rock star of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) was none other than Ann Coulter. Before an overflow crowd of at least 1000 young right-wing activists, Coulter took her brand of performance art to new heights. Afterwards, I caught up with Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist to ask him about Coulter's characterization of Muslims as "ragheads." Before I reveal his response, here are a sampling of Coulter's most memorable lines.

Coulter on Muslims:

"I think our motto should be post-9-11, 'raghead talks tough, raghead faces consequences.'" (This declaration prompted a boisterous ovation.)

Coulter on killing Bill Clinton:

(Responding to a question from a Catholic University student about her biggest moral or ethical dilemma) "There was one time I had a shot at Clinton. I thought 'Ann, that's not going to help your career.'"

Coulter on moderate Republicans:

"There is more dissent on a slave plantation then amongst moderates in the Republican party."

Coulter on the Holocaust:

"Iran is soliciting cartoons on the Holocaust. So far, only Ted Rall, Garry Trudeau, and the NY Times have made submissions."

Coulter on the Supreme Court:

"If we find out someone [referring to a terrorist] is going to attack the Supreme Court next week, can't we tell Roberts, Alito, Thomas and Scalito?"

After Coulter's speech, I approached Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist in the CPAC exhibitor's hall. I asked him what he thought of Coulter's characterization 15 minutes earlier of Muslims as "ragheads."

His reply? "I wasn't there so I better not comment."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Damn this bitch is beyond stupid.

With everything that's going on right now as a result of those cartoons, you'd think she'd keep her mouth shut. But not Ann... oh no... not Ann.

"I think our motto should be post-9-11, 'raghead talks tough, raghead faces consequences.'" (This declaration prompted a boisterous ovation.)

Scary.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    With everything that's going on right now as a result of those cartoons, you'd think she'd keep her mouth shut. But not Ann... oh no... not Ann.
    Which is why I love her. You don't keep your mouth shut about what you feel strongly about either, gold.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    Which is why I love her. You don't keep your mouth shut about what you feel strongly about either, gold.
    Racism is wrong. Promoting racism is wrong. Ann Coulter is wrong. If you agree with Ann Coulter, you are wrong as well.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Your comment was about her comment about the holocaust cartoons. She didn't say anything racist then. You said she should keep her mouth shut, dispite that you say what you feel about it and a lot of other topics. Why should she be quiet, just because you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    Your comment was about her comment about the holocaust cartoons. She didn't say anything racist then. You said she should keep her mouth shut, dispite that you say what you feel about it and a lot of other topics. Why should she be quiet, just because you disagree?
    Raghead is not racist?

Here's the audio of her speech.

Click Here

jetsetlemming Guest
    she didn't say anything about ragheads when she was talking about the holocaust cartoons. I don't agree with calling them ragheads but I really don't care if Ann Coulter chooses to. Its a free country. Other things she says I stand behind, she's one of my favorite political personalities. Her point in the comment you made you comment saying she should keep her mouth shut on was that the people she named as possible entrants to the contest have been shown to dislike western religons and judaism. The raghead thing was about something else.