Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Where were you when you heard/saw the attacks on the towers?

jschurchin Guest

Question: Where were you when you heard/saw the attacks on the towers?

I am sure at one time or another this topic has been discussed but being a newbee I am curious.

I was in Atlantic City on my honeymoon. I was taking a shower and when I got out my ex.(didn't last long) said, hey hon the world trade center just got hit by a airplane. The first thought that went thru my mind was, how in the fuck didn't they see that big ass building. Watched the south tower get hit live. The spooky thing was we where going to NYC on the 12th to sightsee and have breakfast at Windows over the World.

Do I haveta...
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Here's a blurb I wrote to someone once...

"There's a reason that I'm so involved in all of this. I remember the day as if it were yesterday. I was working at my office, and someone said, "Hey, a plane ran into the World Trade Center." Everybody discarded the information thinking it was a small plane flown by some moron. Then, as you know, 20 minutes later another plane struck. At that point, we knew that it was terrorists. I remember feeling the fear, and anger towards those individuals that pulled off that horrific event. I left work early that day, and went for a long drive. Probably, for about 2 hours, I drove around thinking about what the future held. For the first time in history, America was complacent. We thought everyone in the world loved us, and that everyone wanted to partake in our way of life. In a matter of hours, all of that complacency went out the window. I remember feeling like I wanted our government to carpet bomb the entire Middle East for what they did. Now, I know that would have been wrong, but I really felt like that."

jschurchin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Here's a blurb I wrote to someone once...

"There's a reason that I'm so involved in all of this. I remember the day as if it were yesterday. I was working at my office, and someone said, "Hey, a plane ran into the World Trade Center." Everybody discarded the information thinking it was a small plane flown by some moron. Then, as you know, 20 minutes later another plane struck. At that point, we knew that it was terrorists. I remember feeling the fear, and anger towards those individuals that pulled off that horrific event. I left work early that day, and went for a long drive. Probably, for about 2 hours, I drove around thinking about what the future held. For the first time in history, America was complacent. We thought everyone in the world loved us, and that everyone wanted to partake in our way of life. In a matter of hours, all of that complacency went out the window. I remember feeling like I wanted our government to carpet bomb the entire Middle East for what they did. Now, I know that would have been wrong, but I really felt like that."
    You know I really wanted to bomb them all to smithereens also. I would really feel like a jerk now, knowing what I know.

Jerk.

jschurchin Guest
    Bwahahahahahahahahaha

princesskittypoo Guest
    wow my day kind of went the same as golds except i had to go back to work cause everyone came in to buy firearms and radios cause ww3 was fixing to take place.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I was a senior in high school when it happened, and I live on the west coast, so when my alarm/radio woke me up at around 7, the local radio station were speaking in a somber mood about the WTC and I just assumed it was the anniversary of the '93 attacks. After a while when they said the second tower collapsed I knew something was up and I ran to the tv and saw it with my own eyes. It was totally shocked by what was happening. I told my dad what happened when I woke him up, and at school, all we did was watch the event on tv all day (exept for 1st period where students were trying to tell the teacher what happned and he didn't realize how serious the situation was and kept going with the lesson).

I didn't fell angry that much, just amazed that this was happening. I was shocked when I heard people like Stern suggest we should nuke the Middle East. All this started getting me more political and intersted in world and national news.

Forward a few years later, Gold was kind enough to spend a good few months breaking down what really happened that day. And here I am chatting with all of you.

jetsetlemming Guest
    I was in school, walking into my history class. The tv they had in the classroom was on the news, showing what happened. I didn't actually try to think about it until much later, though. I just stared.

Partridge Guest
    I just came in the door after being in the welfare office, and my dad says "a plane just hit the world trade centre". I was like woah, and they've taken over our tv because of this (the Irish tv stations just replaced normal programming with a CNN stream)? Then the second plane hit, and then the Pentagon news came in.

At this stage they were still blaming Palestinians, and my ma said "the yanks probably did it themselves, they'll be bale to do anything after this".