Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush Killed America

Bush Killed America

Senate confirms Alito to high court

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060131/..._alito_vote_dc

6 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A sharply divided U.S. Senate on Tuesday confirmed Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court, backing a second conservative nominated by President George W. Bush in his effort to move the nation's highest court to the right.

The near party-line vote to replace the more moderate Justice Sandra Day O'Connor with Alito, a federal appeals judge since 1990, came four months after the Senate approved Bush's first Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, as U.S. chief justice.

Alito is expected to align himself with the court's solidly conservative bloc and could affect the outcome of votes on key social issues such as abortion and civil rights.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    James Carville hit the nail on the head when he said that the problem with Alito is that he always sides with big corporations and big government. This is the very last thing we need in these times.

Holla!

jschurchin Guest
    Ladies, Your body no longer belong's to you. Thank's to our moronic leader President Nimrod.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Wow, Gold, my hat's off to you for that fair minded thread title. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    Wow, Gold, my hat's off to you for that fair minded thread title. Congrats!
    Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

jetsetlemming Guest
    America isn't dead. There, did it.

America isn't dead. There, did it.
    Is the Constitution of the United States currently being followed TO THE LETTER?

jetsetlemming Guest
    Hold on, let me break out the copy I keep in my back pocket and check. Hmmm, I see a loit of stuff that's changed, and I can think of a lot that isn't covered by the constitution. Give me a clue, Gold, which particular letters do you have a problem with?

Hold on, let me break out the copy I keep in my back pocket and check. Hmmm, I see a loit of stuff that's changed, and I can think of a lot that isn't covered by the constitution. Give me a clue, Gold, which particular letters do you have a problem with?
    I don't like the fact that my President can take anyone he wants, and take them to some remote location to torture them as he sees fit. I don't like the fact that my President can listen in on my telelphone conversations any time he chooses. I don't like the fact that my Government can now come into my home without a warrant. I don't like the fact that we are involved in a war of choice. I don't like the fact that my President can murder 3000 innocent American civilians, and not pay a price for it.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Does it have anytihng to do with this?
    Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

There is that whole unreasonable part defending the wire taps, as well as the defence that one's conversation doesn't count as among their persons, houses, papers, or effects, and that placing a bug isn't searching or siezing.