Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince Harry will fight in Iraq

beltman713 Guest

Prince Harry will fight in Iraq

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Prince Harry will fight in Iraq

Prince Harry will complete his training at Sandhurst in April

Prince Harry is to be sent to Iraq next year as a troop commander and is likely to patrol the hazardous border with Iran, defence sources have disclosed.

The third in line to the throne will join the Army's 1st Mechanised Brigade, which will be deployed to Basra in May 2007.

The prince has told colleagues that he is determined to go on operations and be treated as normally as possible - not kept out of the line of fire.

Defence chiefs, in consultation with the Prince of Wales's office, will have to devise a plan that will not put his life or those of his troops in any greater danger. Substantial planning will go into the deployment and the media is likely to be asked for co-operation on security aspects of the mission.

As a troop commander in the Blues and Royals, the prince will have the rank of cornet, equivalent to a second lieutenant, in charge of 11 men and four light tanks.

The reconnaissance formation will patrol the long border with Iran where weapons, insurgents, drugs and money are smuggled.

The prince's men will use night vision equipment to find terrorists trying to bring in sophisticated bomb making devices.

The desert patrols last up to 10 days with supplies being dropped from aircraft. The work is said to appeal to the soldiers as a mixture of Lawrence of Arabia and Prince 'is a cracking officer' the early SAS long-range desert patrols of the Second World War.

Although the mission will be hazardous, the prince is keen that his royal position will not disqualify him.

"There's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country," he has said.

Instructors at Sandhurst have been impressed by Prince Harry's approach. "He is going to be a real asset to the Army," a senior officer said. "It would be a real shame if the Palace or MoD did not allow him to go on operations because he is a cracking officer."

26 January 2006: Harry the cavalryman could be posted to Iraq

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I suddenly have a new found respect for this guy.

911=inside job Guest
    i think hes a retard!!!

Partridge Guest
    I second that 911=IJ. Though if he got killed it might take the UK out of the war.

I doubt he'll be allowed go though.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    "i think hes a retard!!!"

Don't get me wrong, war is bad. But ya know how people always blast leaders for sending other kids to die and not there own...Harry actually volunteered.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Partridge
    I second that 911=IJ. Though if he got killed it might take the UK out of the war.

I doubt he'll be allowed go though.
    If his daddy pulls strings and gets him out then the royal family would just become one big joke (if they weren't already-by some peoples opinions). But if his dad lets him, then that's brave of that family considering they're royals and very well off.

This is a publicity stunt meant to take the focus off of the actual war, and place it on the celebrity that is Prince Harry.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    This is a publicity stunt meant to take the focus off of the actual war, and place it on the celebrity that is Prince Harry.
    Maybe considering the fact that Harry's been in the military for years, and goes to Iraq at the same time Britain is considering a troop reduction (or are reducing troops).

And the Royal Family get's there war hero.

beltman713 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Maybe considering the fact that Harry's been in the military for years, and goes to Iraq at the same time Britain is considering a troop reduction (or are reducing troops).

And the Royal Family get's there war hero.
    Exactly what I was thinking, by 2007 the UK may not have anymore troops in Iraq.

ThotPolice Guest
    This is a pr stunt to fool the people into thinking all classes have a part when really it is the upper class sending the lower class into war.

The states did the same thing with elvis in ww2.

Harry wont be in any physical danger ever.