C-SPAN2: John Perkins, Author of Confessions of an Economic Hitman, Raises Questions about 9/11

http://www.911citizenswatch.org/modu...rticle&sid=801

Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 11:25 AM

BookTV on CSpan2 1/21/06
Tape of Perkins' appearance at a Washington DC bookstore on 1/10/06
Excerpt from the Q & A session

<Begin transcript>

Q: I'd like to commend you for the work you've done, really showing the American public how deeply evil the people who run this country have been willing to stoop. It's very hard for a lot of people to really face how evil our leaders have chosen to become. I'm active on the 9/11 issue and most of the respected people in the movement, in the peace movement, won't even give proper respect to that. I'm going to ask you what your knowledge is if you've looked at the issues involved, with claiming that there is a coverup. I'll ask one very specific question which is very concise. Did you know that the Kean commission, an official goverment commission, did not even mention that Number 7 World Trade Center, a 47-story building, collapsed at 5:20 p.m. on 9/11/01 without being hit by a plane? Taller than any building in Maryland or Virginia. It wasn't mentioned, and the NY Times and the Washington Post didn't mention that it wasn't mentioned.

John Perkins: Yeah, and there are some excellent books and some excellent dvds and films on that whole subject including the one that shows that there was never a plane shown crashing into the Pentagon which haven't gotten around very much. I wish they would get around more. You know, I don't really like to speculate on things I don't know much about. And I don't know, you know a lot more about that than I do, and I like to talk about things I really know about. I know there are a lot of good films around but they're not getting wide circulation.

Q: Go to 911truth.org, that's a good place to start.

John Perkins: 911truth.org, yeah, go to it. And the other thing is you know it has struck me that if someone were to rob the bank down the street here tomorrow, probably the first thing the police would do would be to look for an inside job, right? But it's, you know, like, it ought to, I was in the Amazon on 9/11 and shortly after that I went up to Ground Zero. I was amazed when I came back from the Amazon, as I was driving up--I flew into the Miami airport, and I was driving up to my home in another part of Florida--and listening and I was expecting to hear people talking about, well let's look at who really did this. But even on NPR and on every radio station, I didn't hear any of that, and as I said, I don't know anything about 9/11 really and what really happened there, but I'm amazed by the lack of true investigation that seems to have gone into that. It just appalls me because it really, coming where I come from, it's extremely difficult for me to believe that that whole thing was masterminded by a man living in a cave with a walkie talkie. But I don't know.

<End transcript>

He recommends visiting www.911truth.org.