Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Thompson was working on WTC collapse story before mysterious sudden death

somebigguy Guest

Hunter Thompson was working on WTC collapse story before mysterious sudden death

Hey HST, we're you aware of this story?

http://www.libertythink.com/2005/03/...ng-on-wtc.html

somebigguy Guest
    The whole article is here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ce_login=false

You have to buy the damn thing.

somebigguy Guest

Good Doctor HST Guest
    I didn't know about this article or what he had been working on. I've seen some articles bringing up suspicions about his "suicide". I'll check it out now. Thanks for the link.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Doctor HST
    I didn't know about this article or what he had been working on. I've seen some articles bringing up suspicions about his "suicide". I'll check it out now. Thanks for the link.
    No problem, maybe I'll spring for the $$$ and buy the whole story from the Globe & Mail.

Good Doctor HST Guest
    There are a lot of questions unanswered about the whole deal.

Here's another aspect of the story, from the Rocky Mountain News:

"Hunter Thompson, found seated in his chair in front of his typewriter, had typed the word counselor in the center of a page of his Fourth Amendment Foundation stationery, Deputy Ron Ryan said in his report.

Hunter Thompson had started the foundation to defend victims of unwarranted search and seizure.

A soft-sided gun case was found at Hunter Thompson's feet along with a spent shell casing and a semiautomatic Smith & Wesson model 645 handgun, Ryan's report said.

The gun's magazine had six bullets left in the clip, but no bullet was found in the gun's firing chamber, Ryan said.

"I think a bullet from the magazine should have cycled into the chamber, but if there's a malfunction, they may not," DiSalvo said.

DiSalvo said he hadn't checked the gun, but the weapon could have been on a manual cycle that would have stopped the other bullets from going into the chamber.
    The spent slug was found in the stove's hood behind Hunter Thompson's body, investigators said."

If a fucking group of Barney Fife's wouldn't have been up there investigating, maybe someone might have found no bullet in the chamber after the shot a little suspicious? On an automatic weapon?

The whole thing reeks. Why would he kill himself when he's about to dive into writing about the most important event of his lifetime (9/11) that implicates the gov't and president he loves to hate? This "wanting to go out on top" is a lame garbage excuse. Yes, he had his health problems.... but to not finish an article holding valuable info about the WTC attacks seems unplausible. I'd like to know what he knew. I hope someone else picks the ball up where he left off.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Doctor HST
    There are a lot of questions unanswered about the whole deal.

Here's another aspect of the story, from the Rocky Mountain News:

"Hunter Thompson, found seated in his chair in front of his typewriter, had typed the word counselor in the center of a page of his Fourth Amendment Foundation stationery, Deputy Ron Ryan said in his report.

Hunter Thompson had started the foundation to defend victims of unwarranted search and seizure.

A soft-sided gun case was found at Hunter Thompson's feet along with a spent shell casing and a semiautomatic Smith & Wesson model 645 handgun, Ryan's report said.

The gun's magazine had six bullets left in the clip, but no bullet was found in the gun's firing chamber, Ryan said.

"I think a bullet from the magazine should have cycled into the chamber, but if there's a malfunction, they may not," DiSalvo said.

DiSalvo said he hadn't checked the gun, but the weapon could have been on a manual cycle that would have stopped the other bullets from going into the chamber.
    The spent slug was found in the stove's hood behind Hunter Thompson's body, investigators said."

If a fucking group of Barney Fife's wouldn't have been up there investigating, maybe someone might have found no bullet in the chamber after the shot a little suspicious? On an automatic weapon?

The whole thing reeks. Why would he kill himself when he's about to dive into writing about the most important event of his lifetime (9/11) that implicates the gov't and president he loves to hate? This "wanting to go out on top" is a lame garbage excuse. Yes, he had his health problems.... but to not finish an article holding valuable info about the WTC attacks seems unplausible. I'd like to know what he knew. I hope someone else picks the ball up where he left off.
    Here's what another HST fan had to say:

This poses an interesting situation...if Thompson was concerned about someone killing him and "making it look like suicide" one day before his body was found, that's telling. Now, before completely dismissing this account, let's rmember the rash of eyewitness "suicides" that took place after the assassination of JFK...even in cases that clearly were not suicide. It is not beyond reason to assume that the ubiquitous "They" still engage in this sort of activity.

And further, let's consider this: If Hunter was working on what could very well have been the biggest, most important story of his entire career, why would he suddenly off himself before it could be published...leaving an ESPN.com article about Bill Murray and golf as his last piece of published writing?

His wife said that he was talking on the phone with her...then he set the receiver down, and she heard a muffled gunshot. This is the only account we have of Thompson's death. By all accounts, Thompson was neither depressed, nor in enough pain to kill himself...rather, to hear anyone who knew him tell it, he was actually quite happy. We're told that he did it because he wanted to go out while he was still at the top of his game...so again, why not publish this extremely important column he was working on? Why would he feel that the Murray/golf article represented the top of his game, as opposed to a serious article/expose, dealing with issues of global importance?

Also, let's not forget that Thompson worked on a typewriter, not a computer...if he was, in fact, working on this article, it wasn't on the sheet of paper in his typewriter. It's a lot easier to remove all traces of a typewritten article than to remove any trace that might be on a computer.

Now, I'm not convinced of anything...but now I can't say I'm certain that Thompson's death was a suicide, either. There's a lot to think about here...and hopefully, more will come to light in the future to either confirm or deny these reports of a possible murder. Because to me, never really knowing would be the worst thing imaginable.

somebigguy Guest
    Here's something interesting (and chilling) that Hunter said in an interview in 2003. He was discussing Iraq:

HUNTER: It was a very advanced, progressive country, had, what, 90% literacy, health care for the whole entire population. They were doing well, prosperous, high literacy. Many more book stores per capita in Iraq than there are in this country. Many. No more. We bombed their children. We killed their husbands and wives and we bombed them...and we're going to do it again. Just random killing like that, mass killing to force a population to get rid of Saddam so we can move in and take over and control the oil, God damn it, if that's not evil, I don't know what would be. You know, Bush, he’s really the evil one in here. Well, more than just him. We're the Nazis in this game, and I don't like it. I'm embarrassed and I'm pissed off. Yeah. I mean to say something and I think a lot of people in this country agree with me. A lot more never say anything. We'll see what happens to me if I get my head cut off in the next week by -- it's always unknown Bush [inaudible] strangers who commit suicide right afterward. No witnesses. They have a new kind of crime.

INTERVIEWER: Is that the CIA kind of crime?

HUNTER S. THOMPSON: Oh, absolutely. Anyone who’s a successful criminal has got a crime. Absolutely no witnesses, no records. We can go on and on. I have to be restrained on the subject.

danceyogamom Guest
    wow! all this informaiton ... and what the media puts out is a line about going out at the top of his game.

crazy.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    wow! all this informaiton ... and what the media puts out is a line about going out at the top of his game.

crazy.
    Isn't that something?? Considering his last story was about Golf and Bill Murray.