Thread: Gore To Deliver Scathing Speech Monday On "Constitutional Crisis" In Washington

Gore To Deliver Scathing Speech Monday On "Constitutional Crisis" In Washington

Gore to deliver scathing speech Monday on 'constitutional crisis' in Washington

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Gore_t...nday_0112.html

John Byrne
    Published: January 12, 2006

Former Vice President Al Gore will deliver a scathing speech Monday at Constitution Hall in Washington -- just blocks from the White House -- at which he will declare America is faced with a constitutional crisis, RAW STORY has learned.

The Martin Luther King, Jr. Day speech is set to take place at noon at the Daughters of the American Revolution's Constitution Hall. Gore will be introduced by onetime Georgia Republican congressman Bob Barr.

A source close to the erstwhile vice president related details of Gore's expected speech to RAW STORY Thursday. The source noted that Gore prepares the final editions of his speeches just before he delivers them, but that the tenor of the speech would focus on what the Tennessee Democrat has described as a President acting above the law.

The aide related how Gore was framing his address.

“We are at a point of constitutional crisis," the aide said, relating how Gore has articulated his speech. "The president who has violated the law is acting above the law. It’s a wakeup call for Congress, the American people and the courts. If we continue down this road we will have a different constitution.

"Nixon’s quote about if the president does it it is legal, it’s kind of like Bush saying, if it’s about national security, it’s legal. This is going to be called transpartisan; it’s not about who your party is, it’s about what America stands for."

Gore, the source said, will talk about the framers of the constitution.

"You can’t defend freedom while abandoning it at home," the source said, speaking of Gore's planned remarks. "The founders thought about this. They didn’t want a king, that’s why they didn’t set up a system to anoint a king. We have checks and balances in this country and we cannot abandon them."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

somebigguy Guest
    What about 6 years ago when the election was stolen from him, why wasn't he making speeches then instead of bending over and taking it? Wasn't the constitution in crisis then????

I think he became a reckloose for a little while after the election. He went into "hiding"... Believe me, I'm NO Al Gore lover, but he does give good speeches every now and then.

somebigguy Guest
    Well these fuckers that show up and make a stink only when it becomes politically "acceptable" piss me off. They could have done something when it could have made a difference, but they chose not to. Just like that idiot Kerry.

Take a look...

somebigguy Guest
    My point exactly, if the guy had any balls in 2000, he wouldn't have had to make that speech for years later.

During an election campaign, the candidate play it "safe"... I don't agree with it, but they do.