Thread: Forum On The Role Of The National Security Advisor - Video Inside

Forum On The Role Of The National Security Advisor - Video Inside

Forum on the Role of the National Security Advisor

http://webcast.rice.edu/speeches/20010412secadv.html

Part I
    Click Here

Part II
    Click Here

(Gold9472: I've been holding onto this link for a while now. The reason I looked for this was because I had just re-watched Barrie Zwicker's "The Great Conspiracy: The 9/11 News Special You Never Saw.", and I basically wanted to see what the responsibility of the National Security Advisor is. The reason was... Bush supposedly was told of the first plane hitting the tower by Condoleeza Rice when he first arrived at Emma E. Booker Elementary School. He went into a room, and took a phone call from her. I wanted to know what she told him. According to the 9/11 Report, "At 8:55, before entering the classroom, the President spoke to National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, who was at the White House. She recalled first telling the President it was a twin-engine aircraft—and then a commercial aircraft—that had struck the World Trade Center, adding “that’s all we know right now, Mr. President.” So, I tried to find that out by finding out what the National Security Advisor's role is... and, I stumbled across this article. What do you think she told him? That a plane hit the WTC? That a hijacked plane hit the WTC? That multiple planes have been hijacked, and one has hit the WTC? That multiple planes have been hijacked, one has hit the WTC, and we should dispatch planes immediately? That everything is going according to plan, and to go ahead with the photo op, and we'll take care of things from here? The last one makes the most sense to me. That IS what he did isn't it? According to Gwen Tose'-Rigell, the principal of the school, she said that when he came out of the room, he told her, "a commercial plane has hit the World Trade Center, and we're going to go ahead and go on, we're going on to do the reading thing anyway." What did she tell him?)

April 12, 2001

Speakers: Samuel R. Berger, Wolf Blitzer, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Frank Carlucci, Edward Djerejian, Andrew J. Goodpaster, Lee Hamilton, Robert C. McFarlane and Walt W. Rostow.

Location: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington, DC
    Date: April 12, 2001

Topic: Forum on the Role of the National Security Advisor

Format: Forum

Length: 92 and 57 minutes

Abstract: The Forum on the Role of the National Security Advisor was a joint program between the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Conducted on April 12, 2001 in Washington, D.C., the forum examined the role of the National Security Advisor in the policy formulation, planning, conduct and coordination of the nation's foreign and national security policies.

The forum addressed such topics as "How Should the National Security Council Be Organized?" and "What Are the Major Foreign Policy and National Security Priorities Facing the United States?"

Participating former national security advisors included Samuel R. Berger, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Frank Carlucci, Andrew J. Goodpaster, Robert C. McFarlane and Walt W. Rostow. Wolf Blitzer, CNN anchor, moderated the panel. Edward Djerejian, director of the Baker Institute at Rice, presented opening remarks. Lee Hamilton, former U.S. Congressman and director of the Wilson Center, presented closing remarks.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Here's a good transcript about it... According to the people in the Administration who were there.

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/t...ews091102.html

bump... I updated it with the 9/11 Report's interpretation.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I like that thing you wrote on top. Lot's of effort put into it.