Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The 9/11 Trivia Thread

And I know that Senator Mark Dayton said that we were lied to by the FAA and NORAD.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

So chances are, we were lied to by the 9/11 Commission as well.

Especially if you take into account that Philip Zelikow was in charge of the investigation.

rayrayjones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Flight 77 disappeared from radar screens over Indianapolis at around 8:50 based on the FAA transcript, and at 8:51 according to the 9/11 Report. Indianapolis is 593 miles from Washington D.C according to www.mapquest.com. A Boeing 757 travels at a top speed of 609 mph according to the Boeing website.. Whatever hit the Pentagon, hit at 9:37:46 based on the 9/11 Report. It is possible Flight 77 hit the Pentagon in 46-47 minutes based on those numbers, and times, and that a plane covers distances faster at higher altitudes... however, my questions pertaining to the Pentagon are more about... why won't they release the 85 tapes that show what hit the Pentagon? Why did the FBI confiscate surrounding cameras from the neighboring gas station and hotel within 5 minutes of "something", presumably Flight 77, hitting the Pentagon? Why weren't planes scrambled from Andrews Air Force base to take out Flight 77? Why didn't Dick Cheney order planes scrambled from Andrews Air Force base? He was at the PEOC by 9:10 according to Paul Thompson's Timeline. Why is Norman Mineta's testimony missing from both the 9/11 Report, and the 9/11 Commission's website? Based on his testimony, Dick Cheney was at the PEOC at least by 9:20. Yet, the 9/11 Report lists him as being at the PEOC by 9:58. Those are some of the questions I have about the Pentagon, and proves that your comment is a "theory" regarding Flight 77 not hitting the Pentagon... Whew... that took some work (as you well know because you and I are the ones that talked about it on AOL Instant Messenger)...
    and don't forget...

Shortly after 9:00, Indianapolis Center started notifying other agencies that American 77 was missing and had possibly crashed. At 9:08, Indianapolis Center contacted Air Force Search and Rescue at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, and told them to look out for a downed aircraft. They also contacted the West Virginia State Police, and asked whether they had any reports of a downed aircraft. At 9:09, they reported the loss of contact to the FAA regional center, which passed this information to FAA headquarters at 9:24.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5233007/

for the life of me i can't find any answer that was given by the W.VA state police...i guess since "Flight 77" crashed into the pentagon, we are to assume that the W.VA state police did not find any crash when called by the FAA

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Which means Flight 77 MIGHT have had the time to fly from Indianapolis to Washington D.C. depending upon how high the plane was being flown from Indianapolis to Washington D.C. and what the altitude/speed ratio is for planes (which I don't know)
    Remember, these were not crack pilots, the likelihood of them being able to find their target and fly directly at it is remote. Its a big freaking world, realistically what are the chances they could find their targets from 20,000 feet up?

The timeline cuts it extremely close, they had to fly at top speed, and they couldn't have had any trouble finding their target. Since they disappeared from radar, and turned off their transponder, they wouldn't have been getting any help from any navigation systems to help them get where they were going would they?

This might be a good area of investigation, how the hell did they find the Pentagon from 500 miles away? Do the flight navigation systems work with the transponder off? That sort of thing.