Thread: 9/11 Virus Destroys Fremont County Worker's Hard Drive

9/11 Virus Destroys Fremont County Worker's Hard Drive

9/11 VIRUS DESTROYS FREMONT COUNTY WORKER'S HARD DRIVE

http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=n...s.cfm&ID=30229

(Gold9472: I'm going to play "Conspiracy Theorist". When I read this, a few things went through my mind. The first thing that went through my mind was the audacity it took to use the phrase, "9/11" for a virus. To make people think you're going to contribute to something noble, and then be hit by a virus. Dastardly.

Then, I started to think about why an individual would want to use the phrase, "9/11" for a name. Could it be the creator of the virus wanted people to remember 9/11? An analogy of sorts. A virus spreads. The evil that took place on 9/11 has continued to spread across the planet. Maybe...

Or, this was created by the Government to make people fearful of opening 9/11 related emails.

Or, it could be that viruses are OFTEN named after disatrous events. Chernobl for instance.

Either way, I didn't want you guys to think I didn't go "out there" sometimes... )

Dec 24, 2005

Law enforcement officials are warning everyone to be especially careful as a new powerful computer virus makes the rounds here in Eastern Idaho.

It is called the 9/11 virus and will destroy your hard drive. It is often labeled 9/11 or world trade center memorial. It claims to have pictures or asks for help in remembering the victims of 9/11.

According to Fremont County Sheriff Ralph Davis, a probation and parole officer opened that e-mail and it killed his hard drive.

If you get this e-mail, you are warned not to open it and to delete it immediately.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

princesskittypoo Guest
    lol you are out there gold. i'll delete all 9/11 emails from now on lol