Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Has To Stop

It Has To Stop

I'm sitting here in my apartment reading through some of the threads I and others have posted, and the corruption disgusts me. I think there is justification to investigate each and every politican in Washington D.C.

I want to know their past voting records, where they get financed from, what business dealings they've had, their criminal records, past charges dropped because of their positions, etc...

Can't we do that? Can't we see who's leading this country without the bias of the U.S. media?

The corruption must end, and it must end now.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    I'm sitting here in my apartment reading through some of the threads I and others have posted, and the corruption disgusts me. I think there is justification to investigate each and every politican in Washington D.C.

I want to know their past voting records, where they get financed from, what business dealings they've had, their criminal records, past charges dropped because of their positions, etc...

Can't we do that? Can't we see who's leading this country without the bias of the U.S. media?

The corruption must end, and it must end now.
    I agree ... but that is a huge undertaking. By the time you complied all that research, elections would have come and gone - and half the people you were looking into would be out of office ...

I find it amazing how easily people are corrurpted. It starts out small, almost innocently. Doing favors for friends, allowing yourself to be influenced, trying to please those around you - but at some level we live our lives that way ...

Somehow it becomes incideous and twisted once it gets to Washington. You are right. It *is* disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    I agree ... but that is a huge undertaking. By the time you complied all that research, elections would have come and gone - and half the people you were looking into would be out of office ...

I find it amazing how easily people are corrurpted. It starts out small, almost innocently. Doing favors for friends, allowing yourself to be influenced, trying to please those around you - but at some level we live our lives that way ...

Somehow it becomes incideous and twisted once it gets to Washington. You are right. It *is* disgusting.
    Well, it has to stop. I have done some bad things in my day, really, I have... I've stolen money from my father. I've had one night stands with women who felt something for me. I stole my mother's 300ZX, and smashed it into a million pieces... I've lied to people on several occasions, etc...

However, I am not the same now as I was then. Near the end of my Grandfather's life, I had broken up with someone very special. Someone who helped me to mature. Someone I will always remember as very dear to me... I told my father that I didn't want my Grandfather to know because I didn't want him worrying about me on his last days...

My father, being who he is, told my Grandfather anyway...

During one of our last conversations together (my grandfather and I), he asked me, "So I hear you and ***** broke up." I responded with, "I told him not to tell you that... I didn't want you to worry about me." He responded with, "Why would I worry about you?". I said, "Because of how I've screwed up in the past." He said, "How old were you when you screwed up?". I said, "17". He said, "And how old are you now?". I said, "28". What he said next I will remember until the day I die. "You are not the boy you used to be."

I cared enough about myself to make things better, and I have succeeded TREMENDOUSLY. I have a nice job, wonderful friends, a cat, and stuff, A LOT of stuff.

What we need to do as a people is care enough about our country, and our planet to make things better.

I hope we succeed.

Simply_sexy Guest
    Well, it has to stop. I have done some bad things in my day, really, I have... I've stolen money from my father. I've had one night stands with women who felt something for me. I stole my mother's 300ZX, and smashed it into a million pieces... I've lied to people on several occasions, etc...

However, I am not the same now as I was then. Near the end of my Grandfather's life, I had broken up with someone very special. Someone who helped me to mature. Someone I will always remember as very dear to me... I told my father that I didn't want my Grandfather to know because I didn't want him worrying about me on his last days...

My father, being who he is, told my Grandfather anyway...

During one of our last conversations together (my grandfather and I), he asked me, "So I hear you and ***** broke up." I responded with, "I told him not to tell you that... I didn't want you to worry about me." He responded with, "Why would I worry about you?". I said, "Because of how I've screwed up in the past." He said, "How old were you when you screwed up?". I said, "17". He said, "And how old are you now?". I said, "28". What he said next I will remember until the day I die. "You are not the boy you used to be."

I cared enough about myself to make things better, and I have succeeded TREMENDOUSLY. I have a nice job, wonderful friends, a cat, and stuff, A LOT of stuff.

What we need to do as a people is care enough about our country, and our planet to make things better.

I hope we succeed.
    And you aren't the boy you used to be. Even I can see that...
    Making the country is relative and until it becomes a Universal idea, which I don't think will ever happen, it's impossible to succeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Simply_sexy
    And you aren't the boy you used to be. Even I can see that...
    Making the country is relative and until it becomes a Universal idea, which I don't think will ever happen, it's impossible to succeed!
    I don't think so. I don't see that as an impossibility. I've said this a million times in the past, but on 9/12/2001, EVERYONE was together as a people. There wasn't a soul out there that didn't want to do something for the people lost, and their families, and to help with this country.

We were told to go shopping.

It was one single event that brought us together. We need a "positive" event of the same magnitude to do the same. I don't know what that is though.

Simply_sexy Guest
    I don't think so. I don't see that as an impossibility. I've said this a million times in the past, but on 9/12/2001, EVERYONE was together as a people. There wasn't a soul out there that didn't want to do something for the people lost, and their families, and to help with this country.

We were told to go shopping.

It was one single event that brought us together. We need a "positive" event of the same magnitude to do the same. I don't know what that is though.
    We weren't all feeling the same way on 9/12 though. If its true that there was a conspiracy, I'm sure that those involved weren't feeling the same as the family members.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply_sexy
    We weren't all feeling the same way on 9/12 though. If its true that there was a conspiracy, I'm sure that those involved weren't feeling the same as the family members.
    I can almost guarantee it. Bush's speech was scripted that night. I hated him for that.

harrus Guest
    I don't mind people posting links on other boards as part of a discussion. What I do mind, however, is someone signing up as "9/11 truther", and doing nothing but spamming links to this all over completely unrelated tech support forums. The staff is distracted from actually helping people because they have to clean up the mess.
    If you want lots of people to see what you feel is important, fine, that's quite normal. But all this spamming is doing is pissing people off, and I understand you would like them to be sympathetic to your point of view, correct?
    In that case I would recommend you don't behave like the people who offer to enlarge certain parts of the male anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by harrus
    I don't mind people posting links on other boards as part of a discussion. What I do mind, however, is someone signing up as "9/11 truther", and doing nothing but spamming links to this all over completely unrelated tech support forums. The staff is distracted from actually helping people because they have to clean up the mess.
    If you want lots of people to see what you feel is important, fine, that's quite normal. But all this spamming is doing is pissing people off, and I understand you would like them to be sympathetic to your point of view, correct?
    In that case I would recommend you don't behave like the people who offer to enlarge certain parts of the male anatomy.
    There was an explanation regarding how I hate spam, and I apologize for this, but it's "too damned important"...

Quote Originally Posted by harrus
    Inidentally, if the media covered this as they're supposed to, I wouldn't have to "don" my "spamming outfit".