Thread: Munich-Video Inside

PhilosophyGenius Guest

Munich-Video Inside

Munich (movie trailer):
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/munich/

This is the Spielberg movie about the Israeli olimpic squad gunned down in Germany in 1972. The thing about this movie that pisses me off is that it seems like total propaganda. Meaning the Palestinians are terrorists who hate freedom and the Israelis are the victims and are seeking revenge.

Hey Gold, I kinda feel you now about the Oliver Stone movie about 9/11 and how it spreads false information which helps the wrong people.

Partridge Guest
    Actually, I've heard that Jewish/Zionist groups are complaining taht it will paint THEM in a bad light, because apparently it 'humanizes' the terrorists (ie gives the social and political context to these murders - instead of the old Zionist rag that "Palestinian terrorism exists only because Arabs have an irrational hate Jews").

So hey, maybe it will actually be a decent, balanced, objective dramatisation of that terrible event.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Munich (movie trailer):
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/munich/

This is the Spielberg movie about the Israeli olimpic squad gunned down in Germany in 1972. The thing about this movie that pisses me off is that it seems like total propaganda. Meaning the Palestinians are terrorists who hate freedom and the Israelis are the victims and are seeking revenge.

Hey Gold, I kinda feel you now about the Oliver Stone movie about 9/11 and how it spreads false information which helps the wrong people.
    The palistines were the terrorists and the Israelis were the victims in that particular event, pg.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Actually, I've heard that Jewish/Zionist groups are complaining taht it will paint THEM in a bad light, because apparently it 'humanizes' the terrorists (ie gives the social and political context to these murders - instead of the old Zionist rag that "Palestinian terrorism exists only because Arabs have an irrational hate Jews").

So hey, maybe it will actually be a decent, balanced, objective dramatisation of that terrible event.
    I can see how jewish groups might be offended considering the fact that Bana's character seems uneasy about assasination and they they could have possibly killed innocent woman and children in the process of that. But who knows, looks like a good movie though.

The palistines were the terrorists and the Israelis were the victims in that particular event, pg.
    Yeah, but it adds to notion that Palestinians hate Israelis just because there Jewish. I'm not saying it's okay for Palastinians to kill Israelis, but it helps spread false information.

Partridge Guest
    Israel's L.A. envoy slams Spielberg's new film `Munich'
    Haaretz

Israel's consul-general in Los Angeles yesterday criticized Steven Spielberg's "Munich," saying that the new film drew an incorrect picture of the Mossad's hunt for the PLO terrorists who carried out the 1972 Olympic massacre, and taking the legendary director to task for morally equating the Israeli agents and their Palestinian terrorist targets.

Ehud Danoch, Israeli consul general in Los Angeles, said Spielberg had addressed the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with "a certain pretentiousness" and "quite superficial statements." {snip}