Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pearl Harbor: Could It Have Been Prevented?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    wow, that guy goes on and on about nothing, doesn't he? There's a lot of filler in that article.
    You seem to be deliberately starting with people. Is there a reason for that?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

jetsetlemming Guest
    Boredom. And there is a lot of filler in that article, the scroll bar on the side was about a millimeter. I read about a tenth of the way down the page, only seeing the name of the article in regards to info on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    Boredom. And there is a lot of filler in that article, the scroll bar on the side was about a millimeter. I read about a tenth of the way down the page, only seeing the name of the article in regards to info on the topic.
    Information is not "filler".
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

jetsetlemming Guest
    It was an introduction, the kind you'd make a a speech or something. Then he went off on a tangent, talking about drugs.

jetsetlemming Guest
    And when he mentioned the name of the article, it seemed like he was talking about another piece, one that actually had the pearl harbor info in it.

Partridge Guest
    It's a transcript of a speech (that I'm for only reading for the first time myself at the moment). The introductory remarks are just that - a welcoming at a speech. The bones of presentation proper begins here, and its followed by a Q&A session.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Ah, much better. Thanks. I stopped reading it right above that point the first time.

John 63 Guest
    Here's my main objection to any Pearl Harbor conspiracy theory: If the U.S. government knew that the Japanese were coming to attack, why didn't they have the armed forces in Hawaii ready for them? If they deliberately wanted to get this country into WWII, it still would have been just as much of a sneak attack, plus the Japanese would have taken heavier loses and might have been beaten off.

Plus Roosevelt and the U.S government had pegged Nazi Germany as the most important threat right from the beginning . Therefore, deliberately starting a war with Japan would do nothing to get us into war with Germany. I believe Roosevelt did want to intervene in the European conflict (and I don't blame him), but he did not want to get involved in fighting the Japanese until after the Germans were dealt with. Hitler actually honored his alliance with Japan and declared war on the United States after the attack on Pearl Harbor, so we ended up fighting both of them at once.