View Poll Results: Do you think torture is justified in rare circumstances

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 47.62%
  • No

11 52.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think torture is justified in rare circumstances?

WhiteGuySaysThis Guest

Do you think torture is justified in rare circumstances?

Yes or No?

ThotPolice Guest
    Well of course torture is wrong and I am sure 90% is done sadistically with no goal of getting info, that is war.

If you are American when you are captured it is by young men that have seen there friends killed and country destroyed by war, you are a symbol of the enemy and they will take their rage out on you.

America’s young troops do the same as they are put in a situation where everyone wants them dead and living as a target can make you insane so yes I am sure they view prisoners as a symbol of there misery and take it out on them. This kind of torture/abuse of prisoners is not what is being reported.

What is reported is done so as psychological operations if you look at all the atrocities reported they are designed to break down a Muslims spirit, Being tortured and raped by women, burning the Koran, desecration of bodies so as not to grant them their proper burial. It is meant to get Muslim militants afraid to fight and even more afraid of capture.

As for sensitive info, torture is sometimes the only way to get it.

So in rare circumstance yes it is justified, but it is not a rare thing, it’s a reality of war no matter how civilized we get torture and abuse of POW will happen.

This is one of the reasons I am anti-war.

WhiteGuySaysThis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotPolice
    Well of course torture is wrong and I am sure 90% is done sadistically with no goal of getting info, that is war.

If you are American when you are captured it is by young men that have seen there friends killed and country destroyed by war, you are a symbol of the enemy and they will take their rage out on you.

America’s young troops do the same as they are put in a situation where everyone wants them dead and living as a target can make you insane so yes I am sure they view prisoners as a symbol of there misery and take it out on them. This kind of torture/abuse of prisoners is not what is being reported.

What is reported is done so as psychological operations if you look at all the atrocities reported they are designed to break down a Muslims spirit, Being tortured and raped by women, burning the Koran, desecration of bodies so as not to grant them their proper burial. It is meant to get Muslim militants afraid to fight and even more afraid of capture.

As for sensitive info, torture is sometimes the only way to get it.

So in rare circumstance yes it is justified, but it is not a rare thing, it’s a reality of war no matter how civilized we get torture and abuse of POW will happen.

This is one of the reasons I am anti-war.
    You didn't vote on the poll.

ThotPolice Guest
    yes I did

EminemsRevenge Guest
    Torture is basically ineffective, but it's good for morale

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Torture is wrong and immoral. But I'm a hypocryte, if someone I loved was kidnapped or something and one of the guys responsible was in my custody, best believe all options are gonna be on the table. You feel me?

Good Doctor HST Guest
    Torture many times produces false information, simply because the person being tortured will say anything to stop the onslaught. Physical torture should be banned altogether.

However, using something like sodium pentothal (truth serum) and keeping the captured person awake has a better chance of producing honest information. At least that's what I've read and heard about.

MikeJr. Guest
    Only in the rarest of the rare circumstances.

thumper Guest
    torturing evil guilty people is okay

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    If the person and circumstances were in my hands to save people I love, then I'd problalby go Quinten Tarentino on there ass. But torture shouldn't be done by the state because it blurs the line in future circumstances and bad habits would start to develop.