Thread: The Simpsons

somebigguy Guest

The Simpsons

They're showing the episode where the Simpsons go to New York to pick up their car at the WTC and Homer goes running up and down the towers looking for a bathroom.

Never thought they'd show that episode again...

princesskittypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    They're showing the episode where the Simpsons go to New York to pick up their car at the WTC and Homer goes running up and down the towers looking for a bathroom.

Never thought they'd show that episode again...
    they try to take the towers out of everything. I remember they were putting out the spiderman movie at the time. and wanted to refilm or touch up, take the towers out... there was a big controversy about it.

Good Doctor HST Guest
    If you want to see something absolutely ridiculous, check out the list of songs under the "should be banned" list by ClearChannel after 9/11....

Here's the link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Clear_Channel

princesskittypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Doctor HST
    If you want to see something absolutely ridiculous, check out the list of songs under the "should be banned" list by ClearChannel after 9/11....

Here's the link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Clear_Channel
    they banned van halen's jump.... *why*???

Good Doctor HST Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by princesskittypoo
    they banned van halen's jump.... *why*???
    My guess.... b/c of the people jumping to their death from the towers when they were on fire. I assume that was their rationality.... it's just bull.

How about banning "Get Together" by the Youngbloods??!! Yeah, wouldn't want to harbor any feelings of togetherness at that time.....

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by princesskittypoo
    they try to take the towers out of everything. I remember they were putting out the spiderman movie at the time. and wanted to refilm or touch up, take the towers out... there was a big controversy about it.
    You know what, they had a big commercial that involved the towers that they obviously couldn't show. I have it if anyone wants to see it...

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Doctor HST
    My guess.... b/c of the people jumping to their death from the towers when they were on fire. I assume that was their rationality.... it's just bull.

How about banning "Get Together" by the Youngbloods??!! Yeah, wouldn't want to harbor any feelings of togetherness at that time.....
    Maybe they should have banned religion in schools, thats a hell of a lot more violent than any song.