Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: For The First Time Ever, I Agree With Rush Limbaugh

jetsetlemming Guest
    its just that the question of "why would the government blow up the world trade center and the pentagon" is a sticking point for me. Not that I don't think they're capable, its that those seem like too valuable targets, esp. since there are places that matter less to the military and economy.

ThotPolice Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Good article, Lets hope the people wake up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    its just that the question of "why would the government blow up the world trade center and the pentagon" is a sticking point for me. Not that I don't think they're capable, its that those seem like too valuable targets, esp. since there are places that matter less to the military and economy.
    I think Philip Zelikow, Executive Director of the 9/11 Commission, said it best... in 1998...

...in the November-December 1998 edition of Foreign Affairs, Zelikow co-authored an article entitled "Catastrophic Terrorism" with former CIA Director John Deutsch and former Assistant Secretary of Defense Ashton B. Carter. The article speculated that if the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center had succeeded in causing the Twin Towers to collapse, "the resulting horror and chaos would have exceeded our ability to describe it. Such an act of catastrophic terrorism would be a watershed event in American history. It could involve loss of life and property unprecedented in peacetime and undermine America's fundamental sense of security, as did the Soviet atomic bomb test in 1949. Like Pearl Harbor, the event would divide our past and future into a before and after. The United States might respond with draconian measures scaling back civil liberties, allowing wider surveillance of citizens, detention of suspects and use of deadly force. More violence could follow, either future terrorist attacks or U.S. counterattacks. Belatedly, Americans would judge their leaders negligent for not addressing terrorism more urgently."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

ThotPolice Guest
    Right then it would seem pretty silly that islamic militants took out toms hardware store.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotPolice
    Right then it would seem pretty silly that islamic militants took out toms hardware store.
    Huh?

jetsetlemming Guest
    I still say they'd get the same emotional reaction from america that they did if they just hit the wtc alone, or some other target(s), like the statue of liberty or something like that.

ThotPolice Guest
    It would HAVE to be an important economic or military structure. Something that would shock and awe the entire nation.

I still say they'd get the same emotional reaction from america that they did if they just hit the wtc alone, or some other target(s), like the statue of liberty or something like that.
    I think I've told you before... I have no idea why they picked the targets they did. I do know that the WTC as a target makes sense because it already was a target in 1993. It makes sense that "they" would try to hit it again. It would be more "accepting" to individuals... "Well... they've been trying to take those out for years. They finally did it."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

jetsetlemming Guest
    They hit an important economic AND military structure. Both. One was more than enough to shock and anger the country.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    I think I've told you before... I have no idea why they picked the targets they did. I do know that the WTC as a target makes sense because it already was a target in 1993. It makes sense that "they" would try to hit it again. It would be more "accepting" to individuals... "Well... they've been trying to take those out for years. They finally did it."
    Nobody mainstream has questioned 9/11, and without poeple like yourself, staying on the subject and pushing on for more and more info, that islamic terrorists did it would be common knowledge. And I still think if the government would have done it, they would have picked places less important to the government.