11 64.71%
  • Set a clear timetable for withdrawal

4 23.53%
  • Stay until the job is complete

2 11.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: American Troops In Iraq

Tonya Guest
    no matter what, it is a shitty situation. It is just hard deciding which situation would be less shitty and how much shit will we make our troops go thru.

The troops are now in the middle of a Civil War (thanks to the Bush Administration). They can't be expected to take part in that. They need to be brought home now.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

BASE701 Guest
    I am unsure about this. I want them home now. I also feel like alot of them want to finish the job for their friends who had fallen. I'd hate for them to lose the opprotunity to do so. (I personally know a vet from Iraq and he feels this way.)

I have so much respect for our troops, I guess I want whatever they want.

dMole Guest

Home for Xmas

I want ALL our troops home NOW (my family recently welcomed one of ours' "back" alive and mostly-undamaged, unless "political" things change- thank whatever your religious belief is for that!).

I'd also like to give ALL the neo-CONS one-way airfare to downtown Baghdad for Xmas/Hannukah/Kwansaa 2007...

AuGmENTor Guest
    I did work for a guy that had been in the army for 23 years. Now he is a NYS trooper, and he told me the Iraqis are totally lazy about doing anything for themselves. Why shouldn't they be? We are there doing it all FOR them. It was really funny, because he about confirmed everything we read about the sub-contractors, and how the American troops don't want to be there. When I asked him about all the people we see in MSM talking like they are there to support the mission (in military uniform) he said he didn't know ANYONE in his 18 months who thought they should be there. I was really surprised to har this guy talk like this. You would expect a 23 career army guy to be all supportive and stuff. And now he's a trooper? Kinda gave me a glimmer of hope for when the martial law goes into effect.

dMole Guest

Bribery?

Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    ...When I asked him about all the people we see in MSM talking like they are there to support the mission (in military uniform) he said he didn't know ANYONE in his 18 months who thought they should be there. ...
    So how much cash do you figure it would take to get an enlisted man to talk out his ass "for the 'folks back home?" Or would it be cheaper and easier just to put a "dress up" uniform on some actors? No offense intended, I'm honestly curious here.

AuGmENTor Guest
    That's kinda what I was insinuating...