• Set a clear timetable for withdrawal

4 23.53%
  • Stay until the job is complete

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: American Troops In Iraq

PhilosophyGenius Guest

Poll: American Troops In Iraq

I think it's best to set a timetable over around 6 months or more. If American troops get pulled out now there could be a huge humanitarian disaster there because the insurgents could destabalize the Iraqi government to the point where they can no longer function.

jetsetlemming Guest
    I think it'll be the far future before Iraq doesn't need U.S. troups backing it up somehow, but if we're still doing the brunt of the peacekeeping past the immediate future there, I think it's time to start changing things around.

Dave Mann Guest

OUT NOW !!

Could be a "humanitarian disaster" if we pull out. That's a joke right??

beltman713 Guest
    Yeah, isn't it already a humanitarian disaster?

Dave Mann Guest
    You bet it is. Shock and Awe, most of the country irradiated with uranium weapons... murder on a massive scale. The Iraqi patriotic forces are holding their own though, despite all the fake terror designed to discompose the resistence and the society generally.

jetsetlemming Guest
    I tihnk instead of a time table we need a set of definite goals (besides kill all the terrorists). We don't have any in the fighting besides shoot whomever shoots at us.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mann
    Could be a "humanitarian disaster" if we pull out. That's a joke right??
    Okay. What happens if we leave and the jihadists and the insurgents who view the Iraqi govn't as American puppets were to topple that govn't? (which could easily happen) What then? You'd have a nation with 25 million people and different groups of people who hate each other left with no ruling body, no law enforcement, food and medicine would also become a huge problem, ect.

princesskittypoo Guest
    i think there should be a clear time line... if you just pull everything out at once there could be a vacume to sucks us right back in later.

ThotPolice Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by princesskittypoo
    i think there should be a clear time line... if you just pull everything out at once there could be a vacume to sucks us right back in later.
    HA!

It's a mess really no matter when it ends a war was the wrong tactic for anti-American militants, it may quell the hate for a time but they only created more people wanting to destroy the US.

They cant publicly state a withdrawal date either as the "terrorist's" will only retreat regroup and recruit till that date and then fractions will be fighting for power in the area.

I don't know it's a mess. A big corrupt miserable mess.

I think we need a world body made up of all nations that could monitor countries and prevent corruption from happening as well as protect good governments from warlords. It would have to be unlike the United Nations in the way that it would actually work.

jetsetlemming Guest
    What are you doing posting here when I have the most recent posts in about half of the areas of your site? You should at least be out somewhere online whoring your website!
    (Go here now, people: http://www.hottopictalk.com/talk/index.php)