Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STOP WATCHING THE TELEVISION!!!

jetsetlemming Guest
    So then... what shows are full of brainwashing propaganda, Gold? Anything not on Fox?

News supplied by MSNBC, CNN, FOX, ABCNews, CBSNews, CNBC, CNN Headline News, etc... is not the news. It's opinionated, and censored bunk.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

jetsetlemming Guest
    Everything is opinionated. Even your stuff. Blame the fcc for censorship (I hate 'em, too). I want to kick Dobson in the balls for Focus on the Family. They've been attacking good tv for too long!

Partridge Guest
    News supplied by MSNBC, CNN, FOX, ABCNews, CBSNews, CNBC, CNN Headline News, etc... is not the news. It's opinionated, and censored bunk.
    Honestly, I can't watch US news. On the BBC, everynight we get an hourlong broadcast of ABC main news show (whatever its called). I was watching it last night, they were talking about the Saddam trial - aside from the fact that they were treating it like... I dunno, a gameshow or something (maybe its just the 'action packed voiceovers' so common in US news). They then showed a six second clip of Ramsey Clarke (one Hussien's defence lawyers). Cut back to the news anchor, and they have a 2 minute, totally uncritical interview with the lead prosecution lawayer. I mean, you'd expect that from FOX, but I thought ABC was (ahahaha) impartial! That news show, whatever its called (ABC Tonight maybe?) is just so much fluff.

And also, we get Letterman (I'm not a fan), and last night he had Al Franken on. Christ almighty, but that dude just ain't funny! I'd read his book Lying Liars a couple of years ago (I didn't know who he was until I read that) - and it had some interesting parts, some major apologetics for Clinton too, but I didn't find it funny. I though maybe he was just one of those guys you have to see in action for his jokes to work. Last night was teh first time I ever seen him - and it seems that I was right first time - he just isn't funny (and liberals have a crap sense of humour!).