Tucker Carlson Says 9/11 Skeptics Should 'Leave the Country', Commits Slander
Thanks to dazinith
Tonight on Tucker Carlson's 'The Situation', Tucker responded to calls he received stating that Steven Jones was not given enough time on last night's show by stating:
[referring to the caller]your one of dozens, scores, maybe hundreds of people who called and wrote after our segment last night..
[referring to Steven Jones]he claims in his writings.. he believes the U.S. government had a role in blowing up the world trade center, that it was not done by terrorists..
if you really believe the U.S. government killed 3000 of its own citizens for no reason and lied about it and invaded Afghanistan as a result of something it did, you ought to leave the country.. because that's so terrible.. so evil, that your tax dollars go in to support it make you complicit in it. if you really believe that, you ought to leave..
but we're gunna keep an open mind..
Tucker exemplifies the reasons why it is necessary to leave it up to scientists and researchers, and not government cronies and talking heads, to investigate the truth behind 9/11, because otherwise one might be blinded by their own assumptions and emotions. Tucker not only acted as though his moral compass is above those that question 9/11 (specifically a 20+ year Professor at BYU), but he also committed slander in his comments about Steven Jones' research.
While the report written by Steven Jones mentions the U.S. government several times in reference to their failures of investigation, at no point in his paper does he suggest the government was involved in carrying out the attacks, although I'm sure many others would, and have.
In response to Carlson's statements I have a few questions:
While Tucker's comments are reminiscent of similar statements made about those that questioned the Iraq war (those that question the war should either keep quiet or leave the country!), I am hopeful that most American's have come to terms with their lame duck media, and know that if they want the truth they have to find it themselves.
- Should American's who believe the war in Iraq was based on intentional lies also leave the country?
- Does an administration that has killed thousands, and maimed tens of thousands all based on fraud, corruption, and lies still deserve ignorant blind faith regarding 9/11?
- Do the Jersey Girls (who said the 9/11 Commission Report was a failure) need to leave the country?
- What about the 50% of New Yorkers who believe the government had prior knowledge and 'consciously failed to act?'
- Should the German's who questioned the Reichstag Fire have left their country?
- Should these ~9,000 people asking for a criminal investigation pack their bags as well?
BTW, Feel free to continue contacting Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org and 1-877-TCARLSON.