Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's to Canada, our good neighbor to the north!

John 63 Guest

Here's to Canada, our good neighbor to the north!

I dedicate this thread to my good friend Ophie!

Even though relations with Canada have become a bit troubled because of the current global situation, I believe that as time passes, any friction between the United States and Canada will be smoothed out. I think that as a nation, we are extremely fortunate to have a country such as Canada as our neighbor. I believe our common border is the longest undefended border (meaning that military forces are not arrayed against each other) that is shared by any two countries in the entire world. We share a common heritage and a common language. These are things that we should be very happy about. Nations are like people, they can make it through life alone, but it's much better to have allies (and friends) to help you along the way.

I posted a similar thread on the PSBB, so my apologies to anyone who has felt like they read this before!

somebigguy Guest
    How many Canadian soldiers owe their life to Chretien? Countless Canadians are still alive thanks to his decision to stay out of the war. Isn't that what elected officials are supposed to do? Protect their citizens?

Memo to Bush....

Ophie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John 63

Even though relations with Canada have become a bit troubled because of the current global situation, I believe that as time passes, any friction between the United States and Canada will be smoothed out. I think that as a nation, we are extremely fortunate to have a country such as Canada as our neighbor. I believe our common border is the longest undefended border (meaning that military forces are not arrayed against each other) that is shared by any two countries in the entire world. We share a common heritage and a common language. These are things that we should be very happy about. Nations are like people, they can make it through life alone, but it's much better to have allies (and friends) to help you along the way.

I posted a similar thread on the PSBB, so my apologies to anyone who has felt like they read this before!
    Awww, thanks. We love you guys too (even though it may not always seem like it). We definitely are lucky to have you next door.

Ophie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    How many Canadian soldiers owe their life to Chretien? Countless Canadians are still alive thanks to his decision to stay out of the war. Isn't that what elected officials are supposed to do? Protect their citizens?

Memo to Bush....
    I hated Cretin but God bless him for that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophie
    Awww, thanks. We love you guys too (even though it may not always seem like it). We definitely are lucky to have you next door.
    Let's hope that sentiment is true.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Ophie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Let's hope that sentiment is true.
    Would I lie?

Nowhereman Guest
    I like how you said that without blaming anyone or Bush. Kudo's to the Kaiser.

Quote Originally Posted by John 63

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman
    I like how you said that without blaming anyone or Bush. Kudo's to the Kaiser.
    That's because he IS George Bush. :D
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Nowhereman Guest
    I have gone fishing there a couple times. Someday I might return. I was amazed how similiar the Canadians I met were to Americans. Many hated the French too.

John 63 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    That's because he IS George Bush. :D
    Now THAT'S an insult!:D