Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Oliver Stone to direct 911 film.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotPolice
    WOW

BTW
    What is the toxin in the cloud?

I know that cutting concrete or concrete dust is toxic, it can cause silicosis, which is a permanent lung disease, it takes 3 or four years to develop after exposure so that seems to fit. The cloud being that thick and working in it for 16 to 24 hour shifts without a respirator would probably be enough exposure.

What else are they saying was toxic?
    I believe the towers were full of asbestos which can't be helping. BTW, it was going to take about 1 billion dollars to remove the asbestos from the buildings when Larry Silverstein took out a 99 year lease on them a few weeks before the attacks.

Suddenly the buildings are destroyed, and any and all asbestos problems are no more. Convenient huh?

rachel Guest
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of agree with Gold on this one. Whether the movie is political or not, it will remind people of how they felt on that day - with only the "official" story to help them work out the politics. That could be good or bad. Good in that people will get that emotional connection back again, and hopefully direct it at the right targets (i.e., NOT iraq). Bad in that people may walk away thinking that we've been too hard on the president (i.e., "so there weren't wmds... look what 'they' did to us!").

I don't think you should protest the movie, but I do like the idea of sending Oliver Stone truther materials. Who knows? He may make a conspiracy movie later. That being said, I think a lot of people see Stone as a director who looks for controversy. At least that's how my parents (who voted for Bush and still support him) felt about his JFK movie.