Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oliver Stone to direct 911 film.

ThotPolice Guest

Oliver Stone to direct 911 film.

Oliver Stone is to direct a film starring Nicolas Cage as one of two police officers trapped in rubble after the 11 September attacks on New York.
    (ThotPolice: I did a search and couldn’t find it, Gold missed this? I guess it will be more human drama than conspiracy)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4669467.stm

Oscar-winning actor Cage will play Sgt John McLoughlin, who was trapped following the collapse of the twin towers with officer William J Jimeno.

Paramount Pictures said it expects to release the film in 2006.

"It's an exploration of heroism in our country - but it's international at the same time in its humanity," Stone said.

More than 2,700 people died when hijacked planes collided with New York's World Trade Center on 11 September 2001.

Nicholas Cage recently starred in National Treasure

Officers McLoughlin and Jimeno are said to be the last two men rescued, and the film will focus on their families and those who rescued the men, Paramount said.

"I feel someone had to tell the story of the people who were in the Trade Center before and after it collapsed," said Sgt McLoughlin.

"It needs to be told how this horrific tragedy brought Americans and the world together to help those in need."

The film will not be the first to focus on the events of 11 September 2001.

Several independent movies including 2002's The Guys, in which Anthony LaPaglia played a fire captain who lost eight men in the Twin Towers' collapse, have been about the attacks.

Stone has won best director Oscars for Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July.

Cage recently starred in National Treasure and was also in Adaptation, City of Angels and Moonstruck.

Gold misses nothing.

When I first got into the movement, I promised myself that Oliver Stone would never have the opportunity to make "9/11". I didn't want another movie depicting the fascism of the United States, unless it was after the those responsible were held accountable.

This isn't going to be about the crime committed by our Government. This is going to be a "tearjerker" based on the official account. Which is even worse.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

If I were New Yorkers, I would protest the shit out of this movie lot.

ThotPolice Guest
    Yeah I'm surprised it is being made at all. I'm even more surprised he is leaving the conspiracy alone.

He did publicly state the attacks were a revolt from american foriegn policy.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotPolice
    Yeah I'm surprised it is being made at all. I'm even more surprised he is leaving the conspiracy alone.

He did publicly state the attacks were a revolt from american foriegn policy.
    I'm hoping he will sneak a couple of zingers in there, maybe a few bombs going off or something...

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I really don't see a problem with it because it doesn't seem to be about politcs (even though it's a very political issue), but about heroism. If you want to see what could possibly be biased movie, Speilberg is making one about the Israeli athlets who were killed at the olympics. I could be wrong on both points though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    I really don't see a problem with it because it doesn't seem to be about politcs (even though it's a very political issue), but about heroism. If you want to see what could possibly be biased movie, Speilberg is making one about the Israeli athlets who were killed at the olympics. I could be wrong on both points though.
    Telling a "heroic tale" in the context of the "Official Story" is more propaganda. It's another tool of the Administration as far as I'm concerned.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I disagree. If a movie was made about Pearl Harbor during WWII (the govn't new about those attacks), would that be offensive even though it was about heroism rather than politics? I mean, just look at your avatar, "God bless the fireman, the police...the real heroes". This movie has the same message. But I'm not saying I want to go rush out and see it, I'm saying this isn't propaganda for the administartion, especially since everyone's made up there minds already. And by the time this movie comes out, Bush's term would have already been over.

It would also be intersting to see how Stone would direct the attacks since everyone knows what it looks like in real life.

Do you remember the movie that came out within the last few years entitled, "Pearl Harbor"? That movie portrayed Roosevelt being the last to know even though it's not the truth. Further pushing the "official" storyline. People not in the know, will go home, and feel comfortable in the fact that they saw a "good" movie, but the fact of the matter is, they've been lied to again.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Good point on "Pearl Harbor" movie. But the premis of this movie is about the heroism on 9/11 (such as in your avatar). If the premis was , a sgt. survives the attacks and then goes to Afghanistan and later Iraq to blow up some towel headed terrorits, and is lead by this great commander-in-chief (like the Pearl Harbor movie). Then I'd agree with you completly. But this movie ain't it. It's about what happened in WTC and nothing more.

And regarding whether or not he would talk about 9/11 truth in this film, take a look at this:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id...f=info&intl=us

He made a movie about the cover-ups and conspiracies regarding JFK's death. So who knows if he'll do that here