Oliver Stone is to direct a film starring Nicolas Cage as one of two police officers trapped in rubble after the 11 September attacks on New York.
(ThotPolice: I did a search and couldn’t find it, Gold missed this? I guess it will be more human drama than conspiracy)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4669467.stm

Oscar-winning actor Cage will play Sgt John McLoughlin, who was trapped following the collapse of the twin towers with officer William J Jimeno.

Paramount Pictures said it expects to release the film in 2006.

"It's an exploration of heroism in our country - but it's international at the same time in its humanity," Stone said.

More than 2,700 people died when hijacked planes collided with New York's World Trade Center on 11 September 2001.

Nicholas Cage recently starred in National Treasure

Officers McLoughlin and Jimeno are said to be the last two men rescued, and the film will focus on their families and those who rescued the men, Paramount said.

"I feel someone had to tell the story of the people who were in the Trade Center before and after it collapsed," said Sgt McLoughlin.

"It needs to be told how this horrific tragedy brought Americans and the world together to help those in need."

The film will not be the first to focus on the events of 11 September 2001.

Several independent movies including 2002's The Guys, in which Anthony LaPaglia played a fire captain who lost eight men in the Twin Towers' collapse, have been about the attacks.

Stone has won best director Oscars for Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July.

Cage recently starred in National Treasure and was also in Adaptation, City of Angels and Moonstruck.