Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It's Much Too Late To Sweat Global Warming

Uber Commandante Guest

More ecology

Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    The problem is that most people don't plan ... hell, my daughter (my first child) was an accident (due to bc malfunction). We did not plan her; and my ex and I are well educated, middle income, non-religious zealouts who always said we would carefully plan a family ... just didn't happen that way.

the world needs to keep procreating ... nothing will work if we don't. Its how much and in what population centers that is at issue.
    Hey DYM - I didn't mean that people should stop procreating. Hell, I've procreateded myself, and my daughter is the best damn thing I have ever done. All I'm talking about is the ability of a geographic area to sustain its population without outside intervention. Of course, it all gets complicated, because outside intervention is often what fucked shit up to begin with. For example: Prior to the 1960's and 70's, tribes in Africa held alot of collective knowledge about what types of 'drought foods' they could eat to survive droughts. And then American companies came in, and showed them hwo much food they could grow with our new amazing nutrients and pest control chemicals. And these companies even gave their new products away....for the first couple of years. People grew shitloads of certain foods that were NOT indinginous to the region, and let their native seed stocks die out.

Then the free chemicals stopped being free, and most people couldn't afford them. The new wonder crops stopped producing so wonderfully, and their native seed stocks had dwindled. No to mention the collective know I mentioned earlier. So, the drought hits, native seeds are gone, the wonder American companies have gone away, and now there are shitloads of new kids and no food to feed them. Enter Sally Struthers....

And the equation is not my opinion. Its an ecological fact that more food = more babies - for ALL species - not just humans. That is the ebb and flow of population growth/decrease. Part of the natural order.

bump
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG