Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You Believe In God, Yet...

911=inside job Guest
    ^^^^ hopeful girl to say the least.....

are you guys all crazy???? well if you think there is a god then, yes, you are....

god is the biggest scam ever!!!!!!!

what makes you think there is a god?? because your mom and dad told you there is??? or because there is a book that says there is???? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

911=inside job Guest
    i did believe in god untill i was about 22.... that was because my parents told me there was..... HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 911=inside job
    i did believe in god untill i was about 22.... that was because my parents told me there was..... HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!
    Shhh, Inside, don't let them in on the big secret....

911=inside job Guest
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

princesskittypoo Guest
    all "bibles" were written by humans. humans make errors... but supposidely they are devinely inspired which i would take as having a little fact in them... spiritual fact... that is... however not all books were put into our bibles today... the church leaders picked and chose what we were to beleive. they took out a lot about reincarnation for example... they didn't allow mary magdalene's writtings to be included in the bible.
    much of the Qu'ran sounds like the first 5 books of the old testiment. And many religions, even some indian ones have a story of "the flood" and a "creationism" story.
    I believe there's a god. I believe when i die my energy will be transformed and go somewhere, be it only back into the earth to regenerate into another life form... i believe heaven is inside me.... it is inside every human being... you just have to find it for yourself... become one with everyone, everything.

I sound like some new age guru don't i?

danceyogamom Guest
    ^^^^ hopeful girl to say the least.....

are you guys all crazy???? well if you think there is a god then, yes, you are....

god is the biggest scam ever!!!!!!!

what makes you think there is a god?? because your mom and dad told you there is??? or because there is a book that says there is???? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
    My dad was not a religious man. My mom gave up on everything, religion especially, when my dad died.

I'm not overly zealous about my faith ... I don't believe in evangalism, but I don't mind talking about my beliefs either. I find religion and culture to be fascinating subject matter.

So what if God is a chemical construct in my brain that centuries of evolution worked to create so that humanity wouldn't be paralyized by the understanding of its own mortality.

I like the idea that my dad is in heaven. I like the idea that my children have souls and potential for great things. In the long run that is all I need.

911=inside job Guest
    all "bibles" were written by humans. humans make errors... but supposidely they are devinely inspired which i would take as having a little fact in them... spiritual fact... that is... however not all books were put into our bibles today... the church leaders picked and chose what we were to beleive. they took out a lot about reincarnation for example... they didn't allow mary magdalene's writtings to be included in the bible.
    much of the Qu'ran sounds like the first 5 books of the old testiment. And many religions, even some indian ones have a story of "the flood" and a "creationism" story.
    I believe there's a god. I believe when i die my energy will be transformed and go somewhere, be it only back into the earth to regenerate into another life form... i believe heaven is inside me.... it is inside every human being... you just have to find it for yourself... become one with everyone, everything.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!! yes you do!!!!

what ever makes you feel good i guess.... i like facts....

god was made up to keep the masses in line.... look how well it's worked...

god makes it so sheeple dont have to think about the tough questions... lol

911=inside job Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    My dad was not a religious man. My mom gave up on everything, religion especially, when my dad died.

I'm not overly zealous about my faith ... I don't believe in evangalism, but I don't mind talking about my beliefs either. I find religion and culture to be fascinating subject matter.

So what if God is a chemical construct in my brain that centuries of evolution worked to create so that humanity wouldn't be paralyized by the understanding of its own mortality.

I like the idea that my dad is in heaven. I like the idea that my children have souls and potential for great things. In the long run that is all I need.
    like i said in my other post... what ever makes you feel good....

danceyogamom Guest
    like i said in my other post... what ever makes you feel good....
    just to clarify a point, I believe there is a distinct difference between the belief in God and the belief in Dogma.

Some Dogma is ingraned in me ... but overall I have little patience for it.

princesskittypoo Guest

HAHAHAHAH!!!!! yes you do!!!!

what ever makes you feel good i guess.... i like facts....

god was made up to keep the masses in line.... look how well it's worked...

god makes it so sheeple dont have to think about the tough questions... lol
    i agree.

question what are the tough questions to you?