Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You Believe In God, Yet...

princesskittypoo Guest
    the world is not controlled by evil. the world is not controlled at all. everything is random... but if you're quiet and look inside yourself you can feel the world turning.... it's awsome!

somebigguy Guest
    When I look inside myself, the only thing I feel turning is my stomach, usually from too much liquor.

princesskittypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    When I look inside myself, the only thing I feel turning is my stomach, usually from too much liquor.
    Ha! i wish i could drink...

WhiteGuySaysThis Guest
    I do believe in God.
    I do question a lot of things though.
    To me, evolution makes a lot more sense. Evolution is so much easier to comprehend.
    I think it takes someone who has true faith to not question the "written" word.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteguysaysthis
    I do believe in God.
    To me, evolution makes a lot more sense. Evolution is so much easier to comprehend.
    You believe in God, why?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

The Shape Guest
    God can't help any of you. Bow to...

The Shape.

Giggles Guest
    I do believe in God.
    I agree with most of what he has to say. I always try to follow the bible, but I know I have broken my word to him several times. I try to use the bible to help me through the trials I have gone through or am still going through in life.

bump
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

danceyogamom Guest
    There are those who search for hard core, provable, scientific evidence that God exists.

There are theories out there that God is simply a chemical construct in our brains that allow for the continuation of the species ... a comforting idea that allows us to move our attention away from our impending non-existance (death) and focus more on furthering humanity through procreation and general effort of life.

There are people who claim to have an on going dialogue with God, and see evidence of his existance every day.

There are people who take it on faith - regardless of theories or evidence.

There are people who believe in fate

There are people who believe in Chaos theory

In the end, I believe everyone has free will ... no matter what it is out there (or lack of something out there). In my opinion, it is humanity ourselves that brings us to where we are. All the great, and all the horrible.

danceyogamom Guest
    I do believe in God.
    why can't you have evolution and creation at the same time?

Think about this ... God is timeless and eternal. The concept of a day is both finite and human.

So to say that God created everything in six days has specific meaning to us as finite, time bound humans

but a day to God could stretch on for a millenia, since he is timeless.

So in theory, it could have been 6 days by God's clock ... but to the eye of humanity, it could have taken from the big bang until Lucy.

and everything taking 6 days is so much more poetic. don't forget - humans wrote the bible.