Thread: Hey God, could I have a moment of your time please?

danceyogamom Guest

Hey God, could I have a moment of your time please?

I know you bless Ybbs with your presence occasionally ... and we are all grateful for that. I don't know if you've been following my "more evidence of a crazy fucked up world" thread at all ... but basically I've been posting news stories that are about horrible abuses towards children.

I'm not digging too deep to find these stories either ... most of the time, they are on cnn's home page. The worst part is that I've found something to post almost every day!

So ... given that its lent, and the first of muharram just passed, and Chinese new year was this week ... I was thinking that a really nice gesture on your part would be to intervene in a few of these - so that I couldn't find something to post at all this week.

I know its last minute and all - seeing that its 11:22 cst on Saturday night ... but maybe if you could arrange something for holy week? That would be an excellent passover, good friday - easter arrangement!

I'm pretty much here all the time ... so if you can't seem to find me in church over the next few weeks (which, I will admit, the bbs have had rather high fevers, and we stayed home on Ash Wednesday ... and I might keep them home tomorrow too) you send me a sign here.

I'll gladly accept a message from a burning bush, Gabriel or the Virgin ... they all make wonderful harolds.

thanks
    DYM

God Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    I know you bless Ybbs with your presence occasionally ... and we are all grateful for that. I don't know if you've been following my "more evidence of a crazy fucked up world" thread at all ... but basically I've been posting news stories that are about horrible abuses towards children.

I'm not digging too deep to find these stories either ... most of the time, they are on cnn's home page. The worst part is that I've found something to post almost every day!

So ... given that its lent, and the first of muharram just passed, and Chinese new year was this week ... I was thinking that a really nice gesture on your part would be to intervene in a few of these - so that I couldn't find something to post at all this week.

I know its last minute and all - seeing that its 11:22 cst on Saturday night ... but maybe if you could arrange something for holy week? That would be an excellent passover, good friday - easter arrangement!

I'm pretty much here all the time ... so if you can't seem to find me in church over the next few weeks (which, I will admit, the bbs have had rather high fevers, and we stayed home on Ash Wednesday ... and I might keep them home tomorrow too) you send me a sign here.

I'll gladly accept a message from a burning bush, Gabriel or the Virgin ... they all make wonderful harolds.

thanks
    DYM
    Although your sentiment is both noble, and warranted, I'm on vacation this week.

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Although your sentiment is both noble, and warranted, I'm on vacation this week.
    Desptie your vacation, I could not locate a single prominent news story about any kinds of horrors to children.

Of course, as you know, my own children kept me from any kind of thorough search during the latter of the week. Even their sleep time required most of my attention.

but I believe gratitude is warranted.

thank you God. I really needed the week off from that.

princesskittypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    you seem to always be on vacation when i need you too. how many do you get?

Simply_sexy Guest

thanks
    DYM
    That is remarkably touching...

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_sexy
    That is remarkably touching...
    thank you ... its my personal crusade. And apparently it worked ... I should plead more often!

Simply_sexy Guest
    thank you ... its my personal crusade. And apparently it worked ... I should plead more often!
    I think its a marvelous personal crusade. Personally, I don't believe in God but I think that just realizing how big of a problem it has become is worth noting. We have our soldiers in other countries telling them whats right and wrong yet here in our country, children are being raped, tortured, and killed and we can't even halt it. That's pretty messed up!

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_sexy
    I think its a marvelous personal crusade. Personally, I don't believe in God but I think that just realizing how big of a problem it has become is worth noting. We have our soldiers in other countries telling them whats right and wrong yet here in our country, children are being raped, tortured, and killed and we can't even halt it. That's pretty messed up!
    I couldn't agree more ... we have homlessness, starvation, slavery, squalid living conditions, abuse, neglect (and on and on) right here at home - and we choose not to do anything about it.

I do believe someone once said something about removing planks from your own eyes before removing splinters out of someone else's ...