Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: America Is Running Out Of Time

AuGmENTor Guest
    IMO, silver is a bit more prone to tarnishing, thus adding resistance. Platinum IS awsome, but a motherfucker to processs. The whole thing takes six months, and it takes 700 pounds of stone to yield one ounce of that shit. So I wouldn't expect it to take over any time soon. I think crack cocaine should be our new medium of exchange...

dMole Guest

Not necessarily

Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    IMO, silver is a bit more prone to tarnishing, thus adding resistance.
    My recent job was essentially Electrical Engineer for a flexible circuit manufacturer (microwave and gas pump "keyboards" 'n such). We used silver screen printed inks, and the resistance often went DOWN on tarnished circuits, but the change was small enough that most non-EEs would even notice or care- took quite a bit of data to even notice a change. Silver and Copper are some damn fine conductors of most wave phenomena. You ever use silver solder (used all the time in gunsmithing)- that's some pretty dandy stuff too?

On our clicky "tactile" switches, we often needed nickel plating to pull the resistance of stainless steel down where our customers wanted it.

Aluminum's pretty much just good for beer cans and softball bats, but they sure build a lot of airplanes and semi-trailers out of that crap! What are your thoughts on the Aluminum +3 ion and Alzheimers? I don't try to ever cook in aluminum pans if I can help it- makes backpacking pretty heavy though with cast iron.

That's the problem with this Truth business- people saw it so it must be a certain way. Joe Q. Public doesn't know enough optics to discuss holography and "illusion" or enough materials science to describe even everyday household objects. But he "knows" that we're all Kooks and those 19 Iraqis destroyed 'Merica!

I agree that AuG observed considerable silver tarnish in his day, and "common sense" supports his statement. 2 years of my test data does not. Oxygen is HELLA electrically active, and I suspect that's a factor.

Now don't even get me started on the carbon conductive ink- that's deep water there...

AuGmENTor Guest
    I have run across alot of residential wiring over the years from the Vietnam era that was aluminum. Most times it was AFTER the resulting fire. Stranded aluminum is ok for services, ranges and the like as lkong as you use an antioxidant.

What was (and still is) the gold plated craze on A/V connectors?

I read somewhere that carbon in some forms was an excellent conductor. That represents my store of knowledge on the topic, except that it had something to do with nodes, or nodules.

That's the problem with this Truth business- people saw it so it must be a certain way. Joe Q. Public doesn't know enough optics to discuss holography and "illusion" or enough materials science to describe even everyday household objects. But he "knows" that we're all Kooks and those 19 Iraqis destroyed 'Merica!
    Take the hologram talk no further my friend. As a representative of the owner of this sites intrests I ask you this.

dMole Guest
    I know- it's a raw nerve everywhere. I'd just like to read an "expert" use the words evanescent wave, quantum electrodynamics, constructive interference, or even tell me how many Maxwell equations there are and what type of mathematics is needed, for that matter.

I've just had to damn much optics and seen too much disinfo to buy or dismiss any one "silver bullet" 100%. If I were truly evil (like Cheney), I'd probably have redundancy stacked upon redundancy. I think most of the "illusions" would have happened on a taperoom editing floor IMHO. Is the word "optics" still okay?

Point taken. I've probably elevated Jon's blood pressure more than enough- sorry sir.
    Last edited by dMole; 10-26-2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: minor addition

AuGmENTor Guest
    I think you skirted the edges enough that you haven't crossed any lines. I have no idea about any of the things you said. If you wanted to start a thread in para/ UFO forum that in NO WAY connected the 911 to the technology you were talking about that would be OK. I would be interested to read it. Other than that Jon is very stern on the topic of holograms, space beams, CGI and the like.

dMole Guest

Agreed

Yeah, I'll just admit I've got a little different perspective on the curve in the road here where many in the Truth movement didn't make the turn and plunged off the cliff...

Besides- AuG used the H-word, I "skirted" it

AuGmENTor Guest
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! Good point sir, good point.