Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Are The Good Things About America?

What Are The Good Things About America?

Yes, we are ALL infuriated with how our Government has been corrupted, and we ALL want those responsible for our current situation held accountable, but what about the good things? What do you love about this country?

Here are some of the things that I love. When parts of the country are in trouble NO ONE is more generous than the American people. I love the National Parks. I think some of them are absolutely beautiful. I like the different people. I like the diversity in languages, even though I only understand English, and a little Kling-On. I love the music created here. Blues, Jazz, etc... And Baseball... I love to play it, hate to watch it. I love our T.V. shows... Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, etc... I love our skyscrapers... the different city skylines are incredible at night.

What do you think are the good things about America?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Well said. Some of the things I like are how you can be who you wanna be and still, for the most part, be accepted in society. I like the movies, the t.v. shows, the music, the entertainment in general. I like the opportunnity every American has to make something of themselves in this country. Love the diversity as well. I like how modern America is (yes I know where getting behind). I also really like how there's something for everyone here, that is, whatever hobbies you have or intersts, it's all right here. Whatever you like doing, it's here, and your free to do it. And so on.....

Sincerly,

The Philosophy Genius

laurabears Guest
    But you didn't tell us what you thought the good things were about America PG!

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laurabears
    But you didn't tell us what you thought the good things were about America PG!
    I realized that and edited my post. Your turn.

laurabears Guest
    The thing I love the most is that we can complain about our governement and our country as much as we want and no one is going to arrest us or shoot us in our sleep. I value our freedoms most of all. And it worries me that so many people are willing to give up their freedoms for a sense of security. Oh sorry getting side tracked . . . I love the music and movies and Law and Order: SVU and the shopping.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    The thing I love the most is that we can complain about our governement and our country as much as we want and no one is going to arrest us or shoot us in our sleep. I value our freedoms most of all. And it worries me that so many people are willing to give up their freedoms for a sense of security. Oh sorry getting side tracked . . . I love the music and movies and Law and Order: SVU and the shopping.
    The music they play all the time in SVU is wierd. Ya know, that du du du, noise that happens every 5 mintues. It's as is something important happend, but all they did was change scenes. Anyways, shopping is for girls. Real men wear the same clothes over and over again, and get new clothes from Christmas presents.

laurabears Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    The music they play all the time in SVU is wierd. Ya know, that du du du, noise that happens every 5 mintues. It's as is something important happend, but all they did was change scenes. Anyways, shopping is for girls. Real men wear the same clothes over and over again, and get new clothes from Christmas presents.

Dude the *donk donk* makes the show! SVU is so my favorite show. I know plenty of men who shop . . . granted most of them are gay but they are still men!

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Dude the *donk donk* makes the show! SVU is so my favorite show. I know plenty of men who shop . . . granted most of them are gay but they are still men!
    Everytime I post a reply or quote, i'm gonna say *donk donk* so I can have that same compellingness as SVU.

Donk Donk

somebigguy Guest
    This should be a short thread.

bump
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG