Washington D.C. Anti-War Rally - 9/24/2005

What a cool day this was... first... I got up... went to work... something didn't work at work... so I decided to go down today instead of tomorrow. It took me about 2 and a half hours to get down there, and I forgot to load CDs in my car. All I had to listen to was Relayer from Yes...

I called everyone from the board on my cellphone on the way down. I was bored.

I got down to D.C. about 2pm... drove around the 1000's of people, and I mean 1000's, and found a parking spot. Got out, and walked what seemed to be 500 miles to the Washington Monument. There were SO MANY people.

I couldn't find any of the "9/11 Truthers", so I called Gabriel's cell. I couldn't hear him over the music, so I walked across the street. I called him again... he told me go to the left of the stage. So, I went to the left of the stage, and nothing. Just porta-potties... I called him again, and he said, we're at the OTHER stage... My dogs were barking at this point... I walked around until I found the other stage... went to the left, and STILL couldn't find them.

I called Gabriel again, and he said they're under a green tarp. You would think a green tarp would stand out in a field of white tarps, but guess again. I walked around aimlessly, looking at the cool sites, and then decided I was going to call Les Jamieson. He told me about the green tarp as well. Standing about 10 feet away from me. I heard him talk, and on the phone at the same time.

Anywho... I planted myself behind the table, and watched what people were doing... Gabriel and Les put out stuff that wasn't just 9/11 related... to attract people to the table. And believe me, it WORKS (a la www.yourbbsucks.com ) Then, they asked me if I wanted to hand out Deception Dollars. They gave me a handful, and I was off to the races... "Don't spend it all in one place", "Free Money"...

I did that for a couple of hours... talked to Gabriel, and Les throughout the day, and this other guy whom I don't know the name of, and the people.... OH MAN, the people... No one could get enough of 9/11 Truth. They loved talking about it, debating about it, and I even met a family member. I told her that "I am truly sorry for your loss. You and others like you are why I'm doing this today." She started to cry. She told me it was her brother who passed away, and she was there with his wife and kids. I told her to go get her, and bring her over, and she did... Wow... We talked for a long time... It was a great experience.

As it turns out... other things happened there besides just what Jon did. Cindy Sheehan spoke. I have to admit, it was pretty amazing... 1000's of people wandering around aimlessly, and then when Cindy got on stage, everyone stopped, turned directly towards the stage, and were completely silent, waiting for what she had to say.

There were a few Congressman there as well. Maxine Waters (D), and Raul something or other.

Joan Baez was there, and was wonderful.

I can tell you people are starting to wake up... there were SO MANY people asking about 9/11 Truth... What a day.

P.S. Those of you coming here from 911Truth.org, sign up and say hi... Click Here