Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
Doing that wouldn't make any difference in the middle east, only here. O.o;;; Do you think that $100 Billion would go to anything besides whomever is dictating at the moment when we leave? We fucked up too bad to leave the country alone. WE have to correct the problem by actually putting the country back together again.
If the people want their country, then the people have to fight for it. We gave them the weapons they need. If Democracy is what they want, then they have to make an effort to get it. If they don't, then that's their problem. Give them the $100 Billion as checks to the people. We can do that can't we? Figure out how many people live in Iraq, divide it up, get a list of people who live there, and send them a check. Done. Make it an incentive for them to win their freedom. Tell them that if they do, they will each receive a check. I don't know. I do know that our soldiers are continuing to die because of lies. I do know that our families are grieving because of lies. Think about them. Think about how our National Guard serving in Iraq would have benefitted Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama during Katrina. Bring them home now.