OPEN LETTER to the 9/11 Public Discourse Project -- Challenge to a Debate and Forum on the Findings of the 9/11 Report

http://www.911citizenswatch.org/modu...rder=0&thold=0

[Hand delivered early afternoon -- September 14th, 2005]

9/11 Public Discourse Project
One DuPont Circle, NW
Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036

September 14, 2005

Dear Mr. Hamilton,

During your recent appearance with Brian Lamb on C-SPAN's Washington Journal, you issued a public challenge to those who doubted or questioned the findings of your 9/11 Commission. In the spirit and treasured tradition in this democratic Republic of open public debate, and in the interest of serving the truth, 9/11 CitizenWatch would like to meet that challenge. We propose a formal public debate and forum to examine the findings of the 9/11 Report and provide opportunity for whistleblowers, academics and investigators to challenge those findings. We propose that this debate or forum be moderated and facilitated by former members of the Family Steering Committee who were primarily responsible for the Commission's formation following a year of lobbying. 9/11 CitizensWatch will approach them independently. Representatives McKinney (D-GA) and Grijalva (D-AZ) have begun to meet your C-SPAN issued challenge in their July 22nd Congressional Breifing on Capitol Hill. Many whistleblowers have as well including most recently Lt. Col. Shaffer of Able Danger. Now 9/11 CitizensWatch would like to join that effort and formally issue a challenge in turn to you and your Public Discourse Project. Join us in public debate now -- examine new and ignored evidence under the ever watchful eye of the 9/11 families and other concerned Americans. Should you accept, we trust together can settle on a suitable and appropriate time and venue.

Will you live up to your namesake, meet this challenge and join us in vital public discourse relative to the tragic events of September 11th? For the sake of the country and the truth, we hope you do.

Thank you for your consideration.

In Service of the Truth,

Kyle F. Hence
Co-founder, 9/11 CitizensWatch

kfh@911citizenswatch.org Note from the Author: I delivered this signed letter personally to Mr. Hamilton after I was prevented from personally addressing the former Commissioners early this afternoon at a Press Conference of the so-called "Public Discourse" Project at the Ronald Reagon Building in Washington, DC.. Mr. Hamilton refused to take it from me directly, not pausing at all in a hasty departure, telling me I should send it to his staff, so I was forced to slip into his half open leather attache to be sure he himself had an opportunity to see that CitizensWatch is attempting to answer his challenge, willing to bring forward evidence countervailing their 9/11 Report. Will he or his fellow Commissioners answer ours? This long time observer, now confronting the 9/11 PDP, is not holding his breath.

Only a reporter from Pacifica/WBAI was interested in what is was that compelled me to speak out. Though Newsweek's Michael Isikoff did ask me a few questions on his way out.

Good news. There were some pressing questions with follow up from members of the press regarding Able Danger and I think it's fair to say, all this focus on the spiked data-mining program and apparent cover-up is getting under the skin of Commissioners. Look for the Spector hearings on Capitol Hill next Wednesday at 9:30AM. Ask C-SPAN to cover it live!

--Kyle F. Hence